Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

Tbf I think the way the Sunderland game panned out allowed him to give Habran, and O'Reilly, a run out. 

On the Thurs/Friday it was a definite “He won’t play on Saturday but he will play against Rangers and the following Saturday.” That's quite a straight forward he's in the stand on Saturday, not that'll he'll be on the bench and might get on depending on how things go. When I saw a trialist was listed I thought at first it was someone else after Tommy's comments. 

Apparently we have made a formal enquiry to FK Trakai regarding Oscar Dorley..

Yes please. I can't see us paying what I'd imagine would be a 6 figure fee for one player in a month of Sundays though unfortunately.

Tommy's saying he has a few options 'in different markets at different wage levels' and it will come down to finance. That could actually support the above.

I might be in the minority, but I thought Maksimov was far more impressive than Dorley in both legs. His movement off the ball, the use of his body to hold off defenders (and his finishing ability, obviously) was on a different level from any of our strikers. No chance we would be able to afford him though.

I'd definitely take Dorley if we could afford a transfer fee for him, although I do think we have a greater need for both a proper striker and a left sided midfielder. 

So next year's gameplan as things stand: Macca and Dorley up front, Habran and MOH on the wings, and Scougall floating around somewhere between them all. No defence (we won't be needing that, and besides, Mostovoi can drop back a bit if required). Mannus and Clark both in goal at the same time to keep things tight.

So next year's gameplan as things stand: Macca and Dorley up front, Habran and MOH on the wings, and Scougall floating around somewhere between them all. No defence (we won't be needing that, and besides, Mostovoi can drop back a bit if required). Mannus and Clark both in goal at the same time to keep things tight.

Shocknessie can cover all the defensive positions.

Never mind playing both Mannus and Clark, what's Bert Tucuth up to these days?

#bringhimhome

I'm not sure I believe that, tbh. Although, he has a habit of saying one thing and then doing another, so his chat about not being able to afford Trakai players last week could just be his usual bluster. 

I might be in the minority, but I thought Maksimov was far more impressive than Dorley in both legs. His movement off the ball, the use of his body to hold off defenders (and his finishing ability, obviously) was on a different level from any of our strikers. No chance we would be able to afford him though.

I'd definitely take Dorley if we could afford a transfer fee for him, although I do think we have a greater need for both a proper striker and a left sided midfielder. 

I thought Scougall looked alright on the left on Saturday tbh, I don't think he played there all that much for Sheffield United, so it might take a while for him to get used to it. 

Guest ScottMann

Scottish football possibly offers a better chance of a move to England than Lithuanian. Other than that I can't think of another reason why any of them would want to join a not very good, hoofball team to further their careers.

I'm not sure I believe that, tbh. Although, he has a habit of saying one thing and then doing another, so his chat about not being able to afford Trakai players last week could just be his usual bluster. 

I can assure you that it's true..

I'm sure Tommy was as in the dark as you when it comes to the gravity of a potential transfer fee but all that has happened is that there has been contact between the clubs to establish his availability...

It could be that they have blown us away and say he is worth €500000 or it could transpire that he is looking to move on to Scotland or England and they will take €50000 after Thursday when they are bundled out of Europe...

I can assure you that it's true..

I'm sure Tommy was as in the dark as you when it comes to the gravity of a potential transfer fee but all that has happened is that there has been contact between the clubs to establish his availability...

It could be that they have blown us away and say he is worth €500000 or it could transpire that he is looking to move on to Scotland or England and they will take €50000 after Thursday when they are bundled out of Europe...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us sign him, and there's a chance with us playing them that we've got a chance of beating others to him, but he's on a three year deal, he's cost them money to bring over from Liberia and he was highlighted as one of the "Talents of the first round" by Uefa which will have drawn attention to him. 

Your pulling our pisser on this one!

Work permit wouldn't be an issue as he has 6 international caps with Liberia.

Main issue is an asking price I'd reckon to be £500k+ if not higher.

Maksimov would be an blatantly obvious choice since he's far superior to our current strikers plus we always have a habit of signing guys who score against us too often.

Your pulling our pisser on this one!

Work permit wouldn't be an issue as he has 6 international caps with Liberia.

Main issue is an asking price I'd reckon to be £500k+ if not higher.

Maksimov would be an blatantly obvious choice since he's far superior to our current strikers plus we always have a habit of signing guys who score against us too often.

Work permit would be an issue. Player has to have played a set percentage of games for his nation over a number of years (possibly 80%) and the nation has to be of a certain FIFA ranking. I can't be bothered looking at what those exact figures are but I'm pretty sure Liberia won't meet the target. 

You can of course appeal on the basis of talent and provide a case, but that's very shaky territory.

Edited by Pat McGroin

The chances of him getting a permit are virtually nil, yes. We're not a big enough club, Trakai aren't a big enough club, Liberia are too lowly ranked, the fee would be too low, the wage would be top low, and his stats aren't exactly world beating. 

Celtic or Rangers would be allowed to sign him, we won't. 

Perthsaint1977 on P&B saying it's not Dorley we're interested in, but the striker. Seems more realistic tbh. 

Confirmed its apparently Maksimov. Still not convinced we could afford him, but a Russian U20 International is a realistic prospect for a work permit. 

Sorry Addz, but I'll believe him over you. 

Edited by RandomGuy