Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

Do nothing and it's 'They're playing in a crap league for peanuts and they'd have been in our wage structure. Typical Saints'. Try for someone and its 'FFS. We can't afford them. What a waste of time'. It's damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Do nothing and it's 'They're playing in a crap league for peanuts and they'd have been in our wage structure. Typical Saints'. Try for someone and its 'FFS. We can't afford them. What a waste of time'. It's damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Not one person has complained about us trying to sign Dorely/Maksimov.. 

That would be taking the scenic route to say the least!

That's how I'd be selling the club to ambitious younger players. It's maybe not a direct route to the Premiership but it's a direct route to the Championship if a player comes in and does well and that is still one of the richest leagues in Europe. 

Is our budget less than £100000? Wow, Broon has shallower pockets than I thought 

I expect it certainly is around a million. We don't have an income strong enough to maintain much more.

What do folk think our players actually get paid? I very much doubt it's as high as many think. 

I reckon the average wage of the squad is in the region of 50k a year.

Hence why players choose other clubs when it comes down to money. 

According to some locals in Vilinius the owner of Trakai is very wealthy. 

Edited by Perth Guy

I expect it certainly is around a million. We don't have an income strong enough to maintain much more.

What do folk think our players actually get paid? I very much doubt it's as high as many think. 

I reckon the average wage of the squad is in the region of 50k a year.

Hence why players choose other clubs when it comes down to money. 

According to some locals in Vilinius the owner of Trakai is very wealthy. 

I suspect our budget is a wee bit higher. In 2015 we had a turnover of just over £5m and expenses of over £4m so playing budget will be more than £1m. From the squad numbers we have a playing squad of 45ish including the young lads.

There were 2 lads, on my train this morning at 7am from Edinburgh to Perth - both had Saints tracksuits packed with them. Could've been anything from 15-18 years olds. Never knew we had any darker toned players in the youth team. Probably trialists or something.

Did they have Brazilian accents?

Did they have Brazilian accents?

Never heard really heard their accents to be honest,  although the whiter lad may have been Scottish given he acknowledged the guard when he checked his ticket. They rarely spoke and their tracksuits were still packaged, suggesting they both were heading to Perth for a trial.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Yes, we're signing Steven Naismith from Norwich. They've asked for £1.5m and he's willing to halve his £30kpw wage, so it should be done before the weekend. 

That was quite a calm response from you Random. Was expecting a wee bit of a rant about folk being serious etc :razz:

Never heard really heard their accents to be honest,  although the whiter lad may have been Scottish given he acknowledged the guard when he checked his ticket. They rarely spoke and their tracksuits were still packaged, suggesting they both were heading to Perth for a trial.

I think a couple of the new U17's were from Edinburgh.

There were 2 lads, on my train this morning at 7am from Edinburgh to Perth - both had Saints tracksuits packed with them. Could've been anything from 15-18 years olds. Never knew we had any darker toned players in the youth team. Probably trialists or something.

FFS Dave ask man, could have been a scoop :wink: