Player contracts and transfers

David123

Can't but feel underwhelmed at the prospect of signing Conor Salmon,if it has too happen could we please give the French PSG lad a job the possibility of some creativity and flair for him would partly make up for long afternoons watching the back four hoof it up in the hope of Conor Salmon knock downs,not predictable or anything.

If the habran deal is still on although he is unknown I think he probably has something about him that can be developed.

If its him and sammon then I'm probably OK with that. However for sammon it really feels like a Sutton signing.

Clark

Foster.              Joe.        Anderson.        Easton

Davidson

Wotherspoon.            Scougall.               Habran

Sammon.           Macca 

Are folk serious when they compare Swanson and Sammon? Swanson always had quality but just struggled to show it at certain clubs. Sammon literally has been shite for his whole career, bar six month when one of the best players to have played in Scotland over the past decade was handing him six chances a match. He's just another third choice striker beside Kane and Cummins. 

Had hoped for better. 

Guest ScottMann

I think it's unfair to compare Sutton to Sammon. John had a good record of scoring at various Scottish clubs, including more at Motherwell than Sammon has in his whole career, and was generally welcomed as a decent signing. It then went wrong. Connor doesn't score goals, which is what we're crying out for, and his potential signing is being met with general disapproval.

I have to say I am actually quite happy at the Connor Sammon story. Always liked him and thought he could do a job for us.

Glad to see the majority on here are ready and willing to give him their backing and a fresh start.

Sammon and O'Halloran will be a nice couple of signings if they both come off.

In the half dozen or so times Sammon has played against us I've never sat and thought "this guy looks dangerous". Underwhelming signing if true.

Agree with that. That was my comments when we signed Sutton. Hopefully Sammon if signed will be different.

Folk now switching from using Swanson as a way to try and justify this signing, by saying MacLean was the same when he signed. 

MacLean had 60 goals in 246 games. 

Sammon has 59 goals in 329 games. A goal every 6.5 games, so you'd guess his goal tally would be 5 or 6 goals over 38 games. 

Thing is that includes a season where Eremenko set up 15 goals for him, and his record is still ****ing awful for a centre forward. 

Some folk will claim its harsh to judge him on games in England, so look at his top flight record, and remove that one season which is completely in contrast to his entire career, and his Premiership record is 8 goals in 76 games. Since his return to Scottish football, he has six goals in 34 games. 

Edited by RandomGuy

If Sammon was coming in to replace Cummins or Kane, I'd have no problem with this. He offers nothing that those two don't though and I'd rather go for someone like Habran who has something different in his game. 

I'm sure Sammon will do a job for us if he does sign but he's not really an alternative option to others in the squad. 

I'm amazed Utd got Scott Mcdonald ahead of top tier clubs, but then I did not see him last season.  He claims to have had offers from spfl clubs....is he over the hill?  Should/did Saints go for him?

I think he's speaking pish when he claiming he had concrete offers from the top flight tbh. He probably had conversations with people, but by all accounts, he was a disruptive influence who's on the decline. 

Strikers are limited. Many identified Keatings and Murray and we have missed out there, but with a few days before the Killie game we have potentially exhausted avenues and are reportedly pursuing a player with a less than convincing goal return and a style rather similar to Zippy and Kane.

Could all just be media rubbish...it is The S#n after all.

Are folk serious when they compare Swanson and Sammon? Swanson always had quality but just struggled to show it at certain clubs. Sammon literally has been shite for his whole career, bar six month when one of the best players to have played in Scotland over the past decade was handing him six chances a match. He's just another third choice striker beside Kane and Cummins. 

Had hoped for better. 

Not comparing Random using Examples of how players can look poor in one team and good in another! 

Folk now switching from using Swanson as a way to try and justify this signing, by saying MacLean was the same when he signed. 

MacLean had 60 goals in 246 games. 

Sammon has 59 goals in 329 games. A goal every 6.5 games, so you'd guess his goal tally would be 5 or 6 goals over 38 games. 

Thing is that includes a season where Eremenko set up 15 goals for him, and his record is still ****ing awful for a centre forward. 

Some folk will claim its harsh to judge him on games in England, so look at his top flight record, and remove that one season which is completely in contrast to his entire career, and his Premiership record is 8 goals in 76 games. Since his return to Scottish football, he has six goals in 34 games. 

You are obsessed with this 15 goals and Eremenko are you not.

I personally will wait and see how he does (If he is in deed even a signing target), and when he slips in No 15 from Scougall laying it on a plate for him I will have a little chuckle to myself, 

What was Derby thinking about paying £1M for him as well? and he never scored a goal for Wigan I think, strange one maybe they should have signed Eremenko as well.

Macca is also another good example of a player not performing that well at previous clubs then coming good at Saints these examples show there may be a chance of a player coming good! also I thought one of his attributes was his speed is this another "he has got a bit of pace" myth.      

Guest ScottMann

I'm amazed Utd got Scott Mcdonald ahead of top tier clubs, but then I did not see him last season.  He claims to have had offers from spfl clubs....is he over the hill?  Should/did Saints go for him?

He did have at least one offer from an spfl club as he's just signed for one. :wink:

I have to say I am actually quite happy at the Connor Sammon story. Always liked him and thought he could do a job for us.

Glad to see the majority on here are ready and willing to give him their backing and a fresh start.

Sammon and O'Halloran will be a nice couple of signings if they both come off.

I suspect you are playing devils advocate in order to go against the strong grain of anger towards this potential signing.

I think Conor Sammon would be a terrible signing...

Admittedly The Wheatfield loyal are a fairly unforgiving bunch and often overly critical but you would do well to find a more unpopular Hearts player in the last 10 years. Definitely the most unpopular during the Budge/Levein era.

Stick with MacLean, Kane, Cummins, Hurst and Hendry and sign a winger of real quality to compliment our already solid midfield and defence. Macca/Kane are a top six strike force if we get the supply to them correct..