Player contracts and transfers

David123

Storey definitely seems to be on his way out of Aberdeen.. 

McInnes also praised goalscorer Storey but was disappointed his side didn’t score more.

He added: “I’m delighted for Miles, it was a lovely calm finish from him to get the second goal.

“It’s been tough for him, he’s not had as many opportunities as he would like for various reasons.

Storey has been linked with a move to St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle in recent weeks.

But McInnes said: “He’s here for now and he’s still in my plan but there’s three weeks left of the transfer window so we’ll see.

“The good thing about Miles is that he has been the ultimate professional.”

Appears a bit like a come and get him statement.

Appreciate that was only using it as an example  most clubs starting to spend money on players am not saying we should break our record or should have used money to sign draper 

Most clubs have brought in fees. Partick and County both received more than they've spent. 

If anything the mistake we made was not spending the May or MOH money when we got it. 

Think you'll find we did spend the money ...........we just spent it on infrastructure

Which Cummings is trying to destroy with his shots! 

Actually, related to this, I take it the work behind the east at the car park end is the new training pitch? Assuming the compensation for the road is paying for it?

Punt Kano on a 6 month loan to the Championship, and allow Cummins to leave with Watson, then use the left over wages on top of the ones allocated to this so called mystery striker we're apparently signing, and...ANNOUNCE HABRAN as well!!

That's as far as my thinking takes me without knickers getting chucked back in the washing basket :D

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Feel really sorry for Cummins as he works really hard and chases a lot of our punts into the corners, bringing us up the pitch. 

However, when you can't remember his last shot on target never mind his last goal it becomes difficult to defend him.

Pretty much my exact thoughts. Does quite well fighting for lose causes and often makes something out of our hoofs forward on occassions but then lets himself down with his completely uncomposed attempts on goal. 

Cummins is obviously not the answer.

Kane is obviously not the answer.

But, there is still plenty of transfer window time left, and we appear to have contingency plans and options available to us should the deal for our superstar megabucks gold plated diamond encrusted first choice jewel fall through.

Not panicking.

Yet.

Cummins is obviously not the answer.

Kane is obviously not the answer.

But, there is still plenty of transfer window time left, and we appear to have contingency plans and options available to us should the deal for our superstar megabucks gold plated diamond encrusted first choice jewel fall through.

Not panicking.

Yet.

Just wait till we sign some loanee who once scored 30 goals in the Irish League, then everything will really go tits up.

Cummins is a decent player, with his strengths, but a striker will always be judged on the chances he converts. If someone had started a list of the sitters he's missed over the past couple of years, it would make for grim reading. The argument that you have to be in the position to miss them is spurious as it unfortunately looks to be the case that this isn't just a bad run where he needs one to go in off his backside, he's just a really poor finisher.