Player contracts and transfers

David123

I'm absolutely baffled by Kane's contract extension - especially when you consider we couldn't keep Scobbie. We could have sent Kane out to QoS until January without giving him the new deal. And of course he could go to QoS, score a load of goals and come back with his confidence high, but we've already been there with Kane when he came back from Dumbarton. Is Tommy really truly confident that the same approach will make a bigger difference this time round?

Will be interesting to see who comes in now. Storey still seems most likely but maybe we'll get a surprise.

Surprised we let Kane go if we are waiting till tomorrow what happens if storey turns us down?? Really thought we would have announced by now

Most signings are agreed at least a day before they actually get announced as clubs have to wait for clearance before they announce it. 

Looking like Tommy might end up with egg on his face as I would have thought we would have announced a new signing by now especially after letting Kane go.

All the best Kano. Hopefully a few appearances of more than ten minutes will give you a chance to shine.

Most signings are agreed at least a day before they actually get announced as clubs have to wait for clearance before they announce it. 

Since when? They can announce a signing as soon as the ink is dry on the paper. 

The player needs clearance before he can play competitive games but there's nothing stopping the club from making a public statement.

So Kane was leaving yesterday and we've still no signed a replacement makes it worse 

Maybe we have. I genuinely can't believe the state you're in, there's zero chance Kane has been loaned out without a new striker being signed up. Just wait a day or two and then have a meltdown. 

Since when? They can announce a signing as soon as the ink is dry on the paper. 

The player needs clearance before he can play competitive games but there's nothing stopping the club from making a public statement.

Since Hamilton announced a signing only for it to fall through and they looked like ****ing amateurs. It's why rumours, like May joining Aberdeen, pick up pace the day before they get announced. 

I'm absolutely baffled by Kane's contract extension - especially when you consider we couldn't keep Scobbie. We could have sent Kane out to QoS until January without giving him the new deal. And of course he could go to QoS, score a load of goals and come back with his confidence high, but we've already been there with Kane when he came back from Dumbarton. Is Tommy really truly confident that the same approach will make a bigger difference this time round?

Will be interesting to see who comes in now. Storey still seems most likely but maybe we'll get a surprise.

Cummins contracts expires this Summer, and there's always a chance MacLean will be in his final season. I think keeping extending Kanes contract is more a fact of making sure you'll have at least two capable striker going into next season (assuming the new striker), instead of us hunting for two or three, we'll be looking for one, maybe two. Could help get a higher quality forward next Summer, perversely. 

4 year deal too. 

The signing of Storey sounds like a fable to me. Sammon signing for Saints would be a leap forward but sounds a bit fishy.. No recent news about the French trialist probably means he is no longer here.  

He is playing on Saturday. Still on trial (various local papers)

Aberdeen taking a chance on Stevie because he is just back from serious injury is he the player saints had a few seasons ago,4 year deal something saints could never match, hope the lad does well football is a short career and gets himself back to his best. 

Disappointed about May but more because it shows the gap - Aberdeen can afford the risk of a 4yr contract and we can't. Expecting Storey to come now but wouldn't be surprised if Tommy pulls out something else before the end of the window.

Agree and also the wages Aberdeen will be paying would probably have  been a big stretch for us.

Agree and also the wages Aberdeen will be paying would probably have  been a big stretch for us.

6.5k every week for 4 years, plus an initial outlay of a few hundred grand? :lol:  that'd be our bank balance ****ed on 1 transfer. 

Aberdeen can keep the half fit Stevie May thanks.

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch
I'm thick

Guest ScottMann

Think the world mega star signed for PSG (as another poster said) not PSJ.

We could still get Tommy's third jewel and also sign Storey with Kane and Kerr going on loan.

I thought Storey was first refusal if we couldn't get jewel but it'd be great if we did get both. Can't see it unfortunately.

You'll have Connor Sammon and you'll like it.

No. No. No. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No.

I thought Storey was first refusal if we couldn't get jewel but it'd be great if we did get both. Can't see it unfortunately.

No. No. No. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No.

If its Storey and no jewel then lets get young Romain Habran signed on a decent contract where we can make some money on when he improves. MOH if turns up every game will probably be flogged by THE THE in January and be outwith our budget so therefore all we are doing is them a favour for 6 months with no real return for us at the end of it.