Player contracts and transfers

David123

Chances of us making a signing today are non-existent, IMO. 

Robert Thomson apparently said that yesterday & he is usually spot on.

Anyway Motherwell wouldn't let Moult go the day before we play them :laugh:.

I think he is the only striker still available & way out of our range.

Guest ScottMann

Thought I'd pop on to WAP to catch up with the day's events. Jeez, civil war has erupted. The P&B self-appointed elite are patronising everyone, the club sycophants are in full flow, the panic merchants are doing what they do best and anyone with a different opinion is being slaughtered. Football forums. They're just great!  It's what the internet was invented for.

For what it's worth, I fully understand the disappointment felt by many after yesterday's events. It was Thursday, PA deadline day when we normally announce signings...out of the blue Kane gets loaned out after another dire home performance, the club issue a brief statement adding that there's more to come...it's an obvious conclusion to jump to that the long awaited signing the fans know the club are chasing was about to be made. No wonder folk felt let down when absolutely nothing happened, not even the promised update on the Kane/Kerr article. 

No, the club never said they were about to sign anyone but I'd say they were guilty of not thinking through their actions and not realising that their fans would put 2 + 2 together and get 5. It suggests being out of touch with the fans I'm afraid.

Right, time to get the flack helmet on and a beer opened.

Yeah & has it done them or Saints any good ?.

Yes. It has gained them valuable competitive games. There's no guarantee of getting first team standard players back but it will certainly have done them more good than harm. It's better than playing kids football. 

PS. There's not a chance we could afford Moult. Why would he move sideways when he's proved he can cut it at this level? 

Thought I'd pop on to WAP to catch up with the day's events. Jeez, civil war has erupted. The P&B self-appointed elite are patronising everyone, the club sycophants are in full flow, the panic merchants are doing what they do best and anyone with a different opinion is being slaughtered. 

Which category are you in, Scott?

The thing that is pissing me right off just now is this, Friday night entertainment for weeks now has been a bit boring to be honest!

First real Friday of Football on the TV, even Athletics on the TV, and we decide to create an amusing/ interactive discussion on this will we/ wont we thriller right here on WAP , Could we not have done this weeks ago FFS,