Player contracts and transfers

David123

For gods sake do your own research. It depends on the terms of each individual loan contract, they are all different. But broadly, yes, but it would make the Sevco manager look like a d***, so, probably, no.

Calm down and if your going to answer my question do so with manners if your going to answer and be passive aggressive don't ever bother again...

Calm down and if your going to answer my question do so with manners if your going to answer and be passive aggressive don't ever bother again...

Well, if you keep banging the same irritating drum over and over again then it's no surprise that somebody wants to hit you over the head with the stick.

Do you honestly think that anyone on here actually knows the specific ins and outs of his loan contract? If nobody replied the first time then it's probably because nobody knows the answer. You can surely work that out.

Jeez. We've signed players in the past we supposedly couldn't afford. A lot depends on how keen the selling club are to get rid of the player, how keen he is to come and what pay off deal he gets to help compensate for the drop in wages. Unlikely, perhaps. Impossible, no.

I know. I just think his form will attract interest down South, and Rangers will be wanting to recoup as much as they can. A bidding war between us and MK Dons (seem the best example, Scottish coach who keeps an eye on things up here) wouldnt be in our favour. 

I definitely think, if terms were agreed with Rangers, he'd come back though, he clearly trusts TW 

Whilst MOH is performing and giving credit to TW for this, is this a case of an unwanted player put out on loan wanting to prove something to his parent club manager and getting a dig at said manager as well.

Does not mean that MOH would perform like this on a regular basis as a signed permanent Saints player and if Randoom is correct re wages would you take a pay cut of that size to move to a competitor in your industry?

The current manager at Sevco plays to the masses he said on Rangers TV today "We are the people" and we all thought the previous one was bad. O'Halloran said on Radio Scotland tonight how much he loves being back and what a fantastic dressing room we have. Sadly he was not warmly welcomed in Govan, a lot of horrible stuff online written about him because he is a Roman Catholic - disgraceful. He is here away from that sectarian poison and loving his football.

Tommy is clearly able to  get the best out of Mikey. Very doubtful Rangers would recall him prior to Jan:

1. It would show current manager is a clown.

2. Michael would not produce what he can, due to the sectarian environment

On Sport scene they were discussing what a great job Tommy was doing & surprise he has not been offered a job here or down south. They rreaconed it must be his image. When an interview with McInness finished they said if he looked like Del he would have had a few offers by now.

Tommy is putting on a bit of weight & the cardie not too trendy but I am sure looking like a male model should not be the criteria for a manager.

The current manager at Sevco plays to the masses he said on Rangers TV today "We are the people" and we all thought the previous one was bad. O'Halloran said on Radio Scotland tonight how much he loves being back and what a fantastic dressing room we have.

What if MOH is doing the same thing as Pedro and pandering to the home fans?

Guest ScottMann

The current manager at Sevco plays to the masses he said on Rangers TV today "We are the people" and we all thought the previous one was bad. O'Halloran said on Radio Scotland tonight how much he loves being back and what a fantastic dressing room we have. Sadly he was not warmly welcomed in Govan, a lot of horrible stuff online written about him because he is a Roman Catholic - disgraceful. He is here away from that sectarian poison and loving his football.

Tommy is clearly able to  get the best out of Mikey. Very doubtful Rangers would recall him prior to Jan:

1. It would show current manager is a clown.

2. Michael would not produce what he can, due to the sectarian environment

He's a Celtic man. His dad works for Celtic. I'm sure Mikey would have been 100% aware of what he was going into sectarianism wise and would be used to it.

On Sport scene they were discussing what a great job Tommy was doing & surprise he has not been offered a job here or down south. They rreaconed it must be his image. When an interview with McInness finished they said if he looked like Del he would have had a few offers by now.

Tommy is putting on a bit of weight & the cardie not too trendy but I am sure looking like a male model should not be the criteria for a manager.

I'm sick of hearing this about Tommy. It's about all you get now, how he should have been away from little old Saints long before now. It probably saves them talking more about Saints as they won't have a clue what else to say about us.

The body image talk is unbelievable. I know BBC Scotland is stuck in the 17th century but you can't come out with stuff like that these days. Imagine the outcry if they took a similar approach about Ann Budge.

Anyway, not exactly looking like a member of One Direction hasn't exactly held back Rafa Benitez, Neil Warnock or Harry Redknapp. What utter tripe.

What if MOH is doing the same thing as Pedro and pandering to the home fans?

How many players say their support are shit, and maybe he just doesn't like Sevco, but at £7k a week I could pretend I love my employer.

But get the impression he is the type of guy who enjoys playing football and probably knows he took the Sevco dollar but wasnt't the best move, but money talks in any walk of life, and the new Portuguese Paul Le Guen is an absolute clown playing to the Sevco masses, so never going to get a look in there.

Been mentioned before, ( not by me ) but the marque signing is apparently Shifty.

Just taking time to sort out his financial departure details.

They paid £1.5m for him, and he's got two years left on his deal. You're telling me they're paying off his contract and costing themselves money to get rid of him? 

They paid £1.5m for him, and he's got two years left on his deal. You're telling me they're paying off his contract and costing themselves money to get rid of him? 

Strange things happen in football all the time RG.........

I don't think that it's going to be Ciftci tbh but if Brendan wants him punted. He's getting punted.

Edited by rik2304

Strange things happen in football all the time RG.........

It's not very Celtic like. They refused to do it with GMS until Aberdeen stumped up £250k, and unlike Ciftci he didn't have anyone outwith Scotland interested. 

If they are willing to pay him off, I'd be a bit nervous about it. 

Yep because Mikey O'Halloren's dad asked them to do us a favour, because he thinks its funny as fcuk if it means Saints finishing ahead of Sevco.

Didn't know you had any nerves, but plenty of brass neck, the shit you post here claiming your in the know, when it's just taken from P&B!!

Random surely it is all down to economics If they can pay him off at 60% of his contract value then it is financially viable to do so. As said before it is not unusual in football. 

He's constantly linked with teams on the continent, I don't see why theyd pay him off when they could get a fee for him, its not as if they have to remove players from their wage bill to afford others.

He's constantly linked with teams on the continent, I don't see why theyd pay him off when they could get a fee for him, its not as if they have to remove players from their wage bill to afford others.

Was he not playing in Turkey & did he haw.

It's not very Celtic like. They refused to do it with GMS until Aberdeen stumped up £250k, and unlike Ciftci he didn't have anyone outwith Scotland interested. 

If they are willing to pay him off, I'd be a bit nervous about it. 

I'd say the GMS and Ciftci scenarios are are a bit different though. GMS was in and around the Celtic first team, Ciftci is no where near it. I'd imagine they might want a small fee, but I'd expect Storey level fee as opposed to hundreds of thousands. Rodgers will just want rid.

Probably the biggest stumbling block for Saints would be his wages. We'd maybe push the boat out if we knew we were getting a guarantee of the Ciftci of Utd days, but when there is a risk we get an unmotivated petulant player, not sure we would go there. Don't have a feel for what he is on at Celtic, but if he or anyone else was to be looking for £2k plus at saints, it's not going to happen.

I'd say the GMS and Ciftci scenarios are are a bit different though. GMS was in and around the Celtic first team, Ciftci is no where near it. I'd imagine they might want a small fee, but I'd expect Storey level fee as opposed to hundreds of thousands. Rodgers will just want rid.

Probably the biggest stumbling block for Saints would be his wages. We'd maybe push the boat out if we knew we were getting a guarantee of the Ciftci of Utd days, but when there is a risk we get an unmotivated petulant player, not sure we would go there. Don't have a feel for what he is on at Celtic, but if he or anyone else was to be looking for £2k plus at saints, it's not going to happen.

Celtic fans reckoned, on their forum, he was on £10k a week. He was on loan to a Polish team who called him unfit and said he refused to train. 

I'd be disappointed if we signed him.