Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

Random...by coincidence there's a story on the BBC website about Vincent Tan/Malky McKay that shows why you can never say never about signing players because you can't afford them. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40916521

Basically Cardiff signed Cornelius for an initial £7.5 million from Copenhagen. 11 games later he was sold back to them for £3 million and he agreed to drop back from his £45,000 a week at Cardiff to his previous £6,000. 

I could imagine the Danish Random saying...No way can we afford him as Cardiff are going to want their £7.5m back. Also we simply couldn't afford the wages he's now and and there's no way he'd take the massive cut back down to what we'd pay. Folk are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think he's coming back. :wink:

He went back and he's now just signed for Atalanta. 

We are just fans. We really know very little about what goes on behind the scenes.

Random...by coincidence there's a story on the BBC website about Vincent Tan/Malky McKay that shows why you can never say never about signing players because you can't afford them. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40916521

Basically Cardiff signed Cornelius for an initial £7.5 million from Copenhagen. 11 games later he was sold back to them for £3 million and he agreed to drop back from his £45,000 a week at Cardiff to his previous £6,000. 

I could imagine the Danish Random saying...No way can we afford him as Cardiff are going to want their £7.5m back. Also we simply couldn't afford the wages he's now and and there's no way he'd take the massive cut back down to what we'd pay. Folk are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think he's coming back. :wink:

He went back and he's now just signed for Atalanta. 

We are just fans. We really know very little about what goes on behind the scenes.

I'd suggest Nadir Ciftci doesn't necessarily care about playing football, judging by the rumours that have floated around him since he's went to Celtic, so it isn't a similar situation. 

Apparently, Mark McNulty was said to have been in contact with Tommy a few days before the Partick game last season which then team mate Scougall came up for. But opted for Coventry 5 days later. Tommy to be keeping close tabs on him throughout the season.

No idea how reliable this is but it seems plausible given both he and Scougall played together at Livingston, in which Tommy has openly expressed he had his eyes on when he first noticed Scougall.

Apparently, Mark McNulty was said to have been in contact with Tommy a few days before the Partick game last season which then team mate Scougall came up for. But opted for Coventry 5 days later. Tommy to be keeping close tabs on him throughout the season.

No idea how reliable this is but it seems plausible given both he and Scougall played together at Livingston, in which Tommy has openly expressed he had his eyes on when he first noticed Scougall.

Without being rude, but what exactly is your point here? 

Open gossip, to be honest. Any rumour regarding a striker is worth mentioning, as it makes having Cummins at the club more bearable in hope that there are folk under Tommy's radar who can actually do a job.

Aye but McNulty seems to be playing regularly for a Coventry side he's literally just joined, so it's not as if he'll be signed this Summer. 

Aye but McNulty seems to be playing regularly for a Coventry side he's literally just joined, so it's not as if he'll be signed this Summer. 

I know, but the point is that if him being on Tommy's radar was true, it still gives us hope that he's still going after players with similar quality to him, and not just a last resort panic buy like Sammon would have been.

Wee Mental Davie! Mark McNulty was/is on TW radar unfortunately he will kick about the lower leagues for a few more years and get a few more dollars down there than he would up here, There was also a suggestion he was not to keen to move back home as well at the time?    

Edited by Center Half

Guest ScottMann

I'd suggest Nadir Ciftci doesn't necessarily care about playing football, judging by the rumours that have floated around him since he's went to Celtic, so it isn't a similar situation. 

I was just giving an example of where...oh, **** it. What's the bloody point.

On Ciftci, it wouldn't surprise me to read that Celtic let him go on a free. I reckon Rodgers simply doesn't want his bad attitude around the other players. Says volumes that despite the Dembele & Griffiths injury worries he doesn't get near the match day squad.

In his two loans abroad he hasn't helped himself, particulary the last one, so I'd be surprised if there were many clubs knocking on the Celtic door to offer to take him away and pay a fee.

Fairly sure Rooney has scored over 20 goals every season for Aberdeen, they'll hardly let him walk away.

Just me who thinks most folk are setting themselves up for a disappointment with these suggestions? We won't get close to any of them. 

I agree completely, the fact that some people seriously thought May might come back here confirms that they are not being realistic with what we can offer.

I have to believe TW has someone in his sights but it is an out of favour player low on confidence or perhaps wanting a regular game- no one comes to mind but I don't know the lower reaches of the blue square leagues or whatever these divisions are called now.