Player contracts and transfers

David123

He has said himself he was interested in Sammon & Storey . There has been others that those ITK have been linking us with. There has been a few other strikers that we were not interested being signed up.

What I am on about dafty is ,where is this jewel we are after ?. Hope you know.

If we seriously wanted Sammon or Storey we would have got them. TW is willing to wait to get the right player in and I think that's the sensible thing to do what with the calibre of players he's targeted. 

What ever the situation with any signing is I will say this, the club are keeping it "Duck arse water tight" any information about it.

I was in the company the other night that included a few ex employees, ex player, some past/present  youth coaches.nobody had heard/was ITK about any pending signings, no gossip at all was passed on!     

Cracking meltdown Napoleon. Best you pop back to P&B and keep on arrogantly sneering at WAP and it's users. 

*its

That's a mistake I regularly made when I was younger. It makes sense that the apostrophe should be there, but unfortunately it isn't used in this instance.

Apart from that, it's a well-written post and I liked the 'Napoleon' reference. You really should post on P&B instead of jealously lurking on the outskirts.

Saw a big lumberjack coming off the flight I caught back to Canada, he had a Saints top on but it was well stretched he was huge about 6' 9' built like brick sh#t house told me he was going to talk to Tommy Wright. But there again I was up early and tired he maybe said he was away to take a sh#te just another rumour to add to the pile of aforementioned S$32@

He has said himself he was interested in Sammon & Storey . There has been others that those ITK have been linking us with. There has been a few other strikers that we were not interested being signed up.

What I am on about dafty is ,where is this jewel we are after ?. Hope you know.

How many of these ITK people actually have anything to do with the club and are not just best guessing all the time - I would plump for 100% are the second option.

Watching Sammon and Storrie today anyone else think we dodged a couple of bullets?

Aye Sammon looked like a fish out of water and Storey had a temper tantrum and was throwing his dummy out of his pram but hey that what happens when you are playing for a team with 0 points.

Think Storey would have been a backup choice to our jewel striker and Sammon would have been backup to the backup Storey.

Would prefer to use young Hendry before both based on limited action I have seen of him.

Anyway who is "The Jewel" and when is he signing??

Can Miss Marples investigate this for us and report as well as the Missing Midgey?

Thought we played more football than Thistle, for all their hype they played it long and were pretty cute with a lot of petty fouling to disrupt the game, but when we did play it on the deck we looked far better than them.

Scougall is a good player but wasted out wide, but will be a cracking signing over the next few months.

As above dodged a bullet with Sammon, Storey okay and played in some nice balls, but now seeing them, we could get better and over the course of the season, we will defo need another up top when injuries and suspensions kick in and circumstances like Macca on plastic and MOH against deadco kick in.

But thorougly deserved win today.

Guest ScottMann

If it is Coulibaily and we're waiting for FIFA or UEFA paperwork to end his Egyptian contract early, surely this'll make him a free agent meaning he can still sign after the transfer window shuts. 

If it is Coulibaily and we're waiting for FIFA or UEFA paperwork to end his Egyptian contract early, surely this'll make him a free agent meaning he can still sign after the transfer window shuts. 

It's not really that simple. As far as I can tell Al Ahly still hold his registration and aren't releasing it. If they don't release it before the end of the transfer window, he can't be registered anywhere else. That's the more important part, rather than his contract. 

It's the type of thing that could rumble on for the duration of his contract with them, which I'm sure still has at least 1-2 years on it. 

Regardless of who we sign, here is hoping Hendry jnr can make an impact at Saints. Good article.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15483953.Callum_Hendry_loving_life_at_St_Johnstone_and_dreaming_of_following_in_father___s_footsteps/

Tear in the eye. Possibly a Saints legend in the making?

Guest ScottMann

It's not really that simple. As far as I can tell Al Ahly still hold his registration and aren't releasing it. If they don't release it before the end of the transfer window, he can't be registered anywhere else. That's the more important part, rather than his contract. 

It's the type of thing that could rumble on for the duration of his contract with them, which I'm sure still has at least 1-2 years on it. 

I appreciate that but thought we were further down the road to resolving it. However if I'd paid £800k for a player who walked out after a few months I'd be doing all I could to salvage what I could rather than just give up easily and let him go. 

I appreciate that but thought we were further down the road to resolving it. However if I'd paid £800k for a player who walked out after a few months I'd be doing all I could to salvage what I could rather than just give up easily and let him go. 

I've no idea if we're "down the road" or anything tbh, for all I know we'll announce him on Tuesday. A few articles about it suggest Al Ahly will be holding his registration until they can get their name cleared, as signing non-Muslim Europeans is something they like doing, and Coulibalys claims would destroy all that. 

I think he'd find it hard to prove his claims, so the most likely outcome is he gets a FIFA ban for his actions, even if they rule for him, Al Ahly would appeal and chances are he'd get a ban.