Player contracts and transfers

David123

ITWT, but still can't understand giving Kane a new contract, then loaning him out, and then replacing him with this guy. But obvs we will all get behind him. Tommy's not required to explain his every decision to us, and frankly after the cup win he could wa nk in Jesus' mouth and I would still worship him. (Tommy, that is). I'm sure it will all work out fine.

Well if had had a year on his contract anyway, i dont see the harm in giving him another year and letting another club pay for him for the extra year to see if he develops

I think Kane probably has more of an opportunity to improve, work out the kinks in his game, and build back a bit of confidence by starting every week down a level. Certainly more than he would do struggling to play a bit-part role at Saints. Here's hoping he comes back a better player.

If I was Kane in would be pretty annoyed hope I am wrong would of liked Kane to of stayed rather than some lad on loan who will probably end up like the Irish striker last year who only played a handful of minutes, hope I am completely wrong 

That's not how it works. Saints will probably be paying 70% or more of his wages, plus all the overheads. QOS would have to sell half their team to pay his wages.

I wouldn't have Kane on more than £500 per week - I think they would be paying that with no problem, Alan Martin, Dobbie, Jacobs, Rankin & Lyle will be on close to £1,000 easily

I wouldn't have Kane on more than £500 per week - I think they would be paying that with no problem, Alan Martin, Dobbie, Jacobs, Rankin & Lyle will be on close to £1,000 easily

Theres no chance any of those, bar Dobbie whose wage is apparently paid by an out of club source, is near £1kpw. They certainly won't be on more than Kane either, Martin was signed from part time football. 

Awwwww bless. Nervous as feck but kept it together, said all the right things. Good luck to him.

Nervous yes but also brave taking the number 17 shirt.

He has armful of tats (like that Aberdeen player who used to play for us in that shirt) and if he can scores goals like him then another TW master stroke.

Maybe "the jewel" striker is still to come and the ITK posters can actually tell us rather than hide behind posts that are smokescreens and when a signing is made go "I knew that but could not comment earlier"

Nervous yes but also brave taking the number 17 shirt.

He has armful of tats (like that Aberdeen player who used to play for us in that shirt) and if he can scores goals like him then another TW master stroke.

Maybe "the jewel" striker is still to come and the ITK posters can actually tell us rather than hide behind posts that are smokescreens and when a signing is made go "I knew that but could not comment earlier"

I missed the shirt number. Brave indeed! Fingers crossed.

If I was Kane in would be pretty annoyed hope I am wrong would of liked Kane to of stayed rather than some lad on loan who will probably end up like the Irish striker last year who only played a handful of minutes, hope I am completely wrong 

Personally feel Kane had yet to show he is SPFL quality. Regularly offside - which is a massive issue if you are threading balls from Scougall and Mikey, regularly plays with back to goal rather than off the shoulder. Personally feel Johnstone has done far more in the game than Kano and more overall strengths. TW obviously is of that opinion.

Kano has a lot to prove at QOS.

We shall see.

Personally feel Kane had yet to show he is SPFL quality. Regularly offside - which is a massive issue if you are threading balls from Scougall and Mikey, regularly plays with back to goal rather than off the shoulder. Personally feel Johnstone has done far more in the game than Kano and more overall strengths. TW obviously is of that opinion.

We shall see.

You don't think Kane's fit for any team in the SPFL? Bit harsh... 

Look at Kane's goal v Hearts late in the season, a threaded ball from Swanson, Kane with a perfect run and finish. 

We shall see.

Arguably Kane has a better scoring record at Championship level. Kanes problem is we're trying to turn him into a back to goal striker. Maybe a run in a team playing 2/3 strikers will help him.

You don't think Kane's fit for any team in the SPFL? Bit harsh... 

Look at Kane's goal v Hearts late in the season, a threaded ball from Swanson, Kane with a perfect run and finish. 

Yep was there and also in Dingwall last season where he had a great finish, but overall not enough yet for me. Let's see how he gets on in Dumfries.

I think May spoilt us, and we now don't appreciate the run of the mill forwards we can afford. Seriously, has any one in the SFPPFFPPLFPPL had a guaranteed, star striker outside of Celtic for years and years? We went years, mind, when if our CF got into double figures it was a national holiday. 

Boyce, Moult, Hemmings all instantly come to mind. 

Agree about May spoiling things for us though, fair sure Kane is only one year beyond what May was when he had his breakthrough season, and I doubt we'll see anyone progress like May did for a decade or so. 

I thought Kane's move was partly down to him wanting regular football rather than the club wanting to shove him out the door so to speak.

Not sure Johnstone is a notch up on Kane (or Cummins) and its interesting to hear Wright say he'll improve the side. That suggests he's better than Maclean as we are really only playing one recognised striker at the moment.

As has been said, feel a wee bit underwhelmed given the rumours that were going around of a 'jewel'. Never mind, if he gets into double figures, I'll be happy!

ITK, is it a jewel or fool's gold that we're being tempted with?

Coal is only a few million years and a bit of pressure off being a diamond. We don't have that long, put up or shut up! 

You hinting at Carlton Cole or even Zander Diamond? :wink::wink::wink:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tommy said this deal only arose recently, so suspect this isn't one of his top targets.

He also says he prefers 4 strikers, which we now have, so unless Cummings is going, I think he's done all he is going to do in this window.

You hinting at Carlton Cole or even Zander Diamond? :wink::wink::wink:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tommy said this deal only arose recently, so suspect this isn't one of his top targets.

He also says he prefers 4 strikers, which we now have, so unless Cummings is going, I think he's done all he is going to do in this window.

Bit generous calling Cummins a striker