Player contracts and transfers

David123

Quite a few Jambos talking about Jamie Walker going west today   with MoH and cash going east.Surely thats not possible ?

I don't see why it wouldn't be, tbh, he's Rangers player, if they sell him then they're within their rights to. Only way they'd refuse an offer is through a gentlemans agreement between us and them that we'd have him until January. 

How much would you trust Rangers to stand by their word? 

Guest ScottMann

I take it every loan deal is different as I remember last season we couldn't recall one of the younger defenders when we had a bit of an injury problem in the back four. Won't be too impressed if this can happen. Unfortunately the rumoured transfer deal makes sense.

I take it every loan deal is different as I remember last season we couldn't recall one of the younger defenders when we had a bit of an injury problem in the back four. Won't be too impressed if this can happen. Unfortunately the rumoured transfer deal makes sense.

Rangers can't recall him, nothing to stop someone else buying him 

So if I am getting this right Rangers can sell him even though we have signed a loan deal until January. Therefore the loan deal gets thrown out of the window. Does MOH have a say in his possible transfer to Hearts. Surely he can say no to being transfered if he wants to stay with us.

So with the loan

Saints will have a "Temporary Transfer" of the players registration. That is only valid when the parent club holds the players registration. So if he was to be sold to another club it would void his Temp Transfer of registration to us. There are 2 other things that would be looked at

1) Is there a Loan Contract Agreement (have the clubs signed a contract that states loan dates and payment) which is usually the case if one club is paying part of the wage

2) He cannot play for more than 2 clubs in one season, So as long as he has not featured in any way for rangers this season then this would not be an issue for any club buying him.

I thought the rules of the SFA mean that a players contract and registration is transferred to the club for the duration of the loan. They could sell him as part of the deal but it would only be possible after the January loan deal ends.

I thought the rules of the SFA mean that a players contract and registration is transferred to the club for the duration of the loan. They could sell him as part of the deal but it would only be possible after the January loan deal ends.

Not as far as I know. It's the same as the English rules and theres a few instances of loaned players being sold 

Are you sure about this? If someone else buys him then Rangers have to in effect recall him no? I don't see how the two situations are any different. 

I don't actually know mind

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

Simple answer ot the MOH to Hearts.

Make sure the laddie is in Perth and when he gets called to sign in Edinburgh get the tractors and boogies out and form a slow convoy that will block the bridges with MOH trapped in the middle.  

Few bales of hay toppling off blocking all carriages should do the trick.

Other solution is he doesnae answer his phone or get text messages, poor reception area, just like when Pedro tried to contact him for under 20's match.

Edited by Templar Saint

Are you sure about this? If someone else buys him then Rangers have to in effect recall him no? I don't see how the two situations are any different. 

I don't actually know mind

I'm certain it's happened in England recently. Who knows though, MOH isn't joining Hearts regardless. 

I'm certain it's happened in England recently. Who knows though, MOH isn't joining Hearts regardless. 

Yeah I agree re hearts. What happened in England recently? That someone could be sold but not recalled? It's the entire thing my issue is with, not any individual part of it. I believe a just loaned player can be instantly sold. 

But aye. Saints won't do anything unless it's a clive style signing. Can't see a first team quality loan coming in. 

Liam Henderson looks like he is on his way back on loan to Hibs.

If that happens, then no doubt that means Danny Swanson slides further down the pecking order. 

Silly silly laddie

Then Danny to come back in Jan when MOH goes back to or is sold by Rangers. :laugh:

The whole deadline day drama really isn't Saints style. Only way I could see us getting involved is if we are offered a decent striker on loan.

What would be great is if Rangers were looking to offload MOH relatively cheap to free up funds for Walker.....

Liam Henderson looks like he is on his way back on loan to Hibs.

If that happens, then no doubt that means Danny Swanson slides further down the pecking order. 

Silly silly laddie

Not for the first time.

Seems to think Saints are always a fall back position if things do not work out with his mega deals.

Personally if it happens again I would tell him to bolt unless we get him as cheap as chips.