Player contracts and transfers

David123

Must be Coulibaly. Pretty sure British players need to be released before the deadline to free up their registration?! 

As far as I'm aware it's a FIFA rule. Coulibaly still registered to Al Ahly, but I think their window remains open until the 14th, if he hasn't agreed a release with them before then he'll be unable to play elsewhere. 

Last I read Al Ahly had rejected his offer of paying them his wages and signing fee as they wanted to have their name cleared by FIFA, so it looked like it would drag on and end with him banned. 

Must be Coulibaly. Pretty sure British players need to be released before the deadline to free up their registration?! 

That is correct, A player must be released before the close of the registration window of that club. So any players based in the UK will need to have already been released by now to be able to sign for us.

A Club can still pay a players contract off now but he would not be able to sign for another club until their registration window opens.

Be interested to see if anyone from the club reads these threads, and decides to have a look at Callum Smith of Dunfermline. 17 year old striker who's got two assists and a goal for their senior team already, and scored a double for Scotlands U19s recently too. Looks a huge talent. 

Be a good addition to our u20 side.:wink:

So the club are expected to act on suggestions on here now, I am pretty certain they have more knowledge of these youngsters than any of us armchair managers.

I wasn't expecting them to sign him, I just wanted to mention his name so when he scores a World Cup winning goal for us I can smugly bump the post I just made.. 

Chris Kane scored for QOS today. 

TW in the papers today saying we tried to sign O'Halloran permanently in the Summer but had to settle for a loan. And after Caixinhas comments we'll try again to sign him permanently in January. 

O'Halloran himself quoted along the lines of saying he doesn't want to play for Caixinha. 

Get speaking to Rangers now about a permanent fee. 

TW in the papers today saying we tried to sign O'Halloran permanently in the Summer but had to settle for a loan. And after Caixinhas comments we'll try again to sign him permanently in January. 

O'Halloran himself quoted along the lines of saying he doesn't want to play for Caixinha. 

Get speaking to Rangers now about a permanent fee. 

I agree. If we wait until January, Sevco will probably have already agreed an unmatchable fee with someone else. We could also be in a situation where we're challenging for similar league positions and it would be in their interests to have him go elsewhere.

I agree. If we wait until January, Sevco will probably have already agreed an unmatchable fee with someone else. We could also be in a situation where we're challenging for similar league positions and it would be in their interests to have him go elsewhere.

You don't think we will slide that far down the table do you? ;)

Agree with all of that, and taking it into account, I'd say there's not a hope in hell that we'll sign him in January.

I think his wages are the problem. He is reported to be on about £6,000 - £7,000 a week. Come January he will still have over 2 years on his contract i.e. which could be about £700,000. As much as he loves us and we love him that is a lot of money to lose in what is a short career. I think he will be advised to hold off for a pay out from Rangers. Which may lead to a stalemate.

The normal Sevco approach at this point would be to try to find an excuse to fire him. Most likely I think is probably a loan to a bigger club in January able to pay much more of his wages, assuming he continues to do well. According to Bears Den, the Sevco jersey was "too heavy for him" - feckin hilarious considering the donkeys they have been playing this last while.

Guest ScottMann

His previous record in England might put off clubs buying someone that's only flourished in the Scottish Pub League but then you've got Derek Adams and Robbie Neilson who've taken chances on worse players than Micky.

I think Stevie will have talks with Rangers and come to a mutual agreement to cancel his contract. With Pedro publicly saying he doesn't want him, he can confidently go into talks and be like hey, the boss doesn't want me so let me go. 

The next stumbling block would be his wage demands, do we push the boat out and make him our highest paid player ever like we offered to May?

Even then we'll fall well short of his current wages, so maybe he'd fancy a new challenge down south.

Aberdeen only got May by offering him a 4 yr deal to make up for the lower wages they're paying him. Even then they'll be payiing him much higher wages than we could offer MOH. I think a full season on loan is the very best we could hope for & even that is probably beyond us if he keeps playing as well as he is now.