Player contracts and transfers

David123

As things stand, Mikey is young and could still land a massive deal down south, but only if he's playing regular football and making headlines.  If he signed a permanent deal with Saints for a wage cut, and he keeps performing like he has, he could find some offers arriving that blow his Rangers deal out of the water. 

Or he could take the money and end up in a similar situation to what he was in at Rangers.

It is an unusual situation, created by a strange club fuelled by bigotry and hatred.  Maybe there is an unorthadox solution that could benefit both Saints and Mikey here - our highest ever wages, a 3 or 4 year deal, Mikey with a chance to prove he is capable of a big move down south at a club who will give him the platform to do so, and Saints can recoup their investment in a transfer fee.

MOH could take a lesser amount from us than THE THE are paying him for a permanent move to us and then if he performs and is in demand and a transfer fee involved from us to another team then he could get a Golden Goodbye payment. 

This could be a condition in his contract with us.

If no transfer fee then he has been at a club where he has played regularly and if clubs are interested he could get a decent deal.

Alternatively rot for 2 years in Glasgow or get shipped somewhere else because they could pay more in fees or towards his wages.

Money does not always equate to doing what you want to do and/or happiness.

I think we should buy him back at an knock down price(cause he's shite),give him a two year contract and high wages with the hope of selling him down south for a large profit...cant see this happening as we are risk adverse,probably quite prudently but somethings you have to take a risk to progress

Pedro being quoted as saying he still hopes to cash in on Michael.

Have they paid the transfer money in full from his move to Ayebroke.?

That was always my suspicion of why he was on loan at Saints rather than, say Aberdeen or Hibs/Hearts where wages would have been met.

I'm not saying that Saints aren't where they are in the league year on year through luck rather than merit, but you can't deny that the Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen don't have a larger budget.

I'd like to think that SB basically put it out there that "If he's going anywhere on loan, he's coming here, given the fact that you huvnae fukin pyed furrum yit!"

That was always my suspicion of why he was on loan at Saints rather than, say Aberdeen or Hibs/Hearts where wages would have been met.

I'm not saying that Saints aren't where they are in the league year on year through luck rather than merit, but you can't deny that the Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen don't have a larger budget.

I'd like to think that SB basically put it out there that "If he's going anywhere on loan, he's coming here, given the fact that you huvnae fukin pyed furrum yit!"

Someone, maybe resident ITKer perthsaint1977, said multiple clubs had agreed a deal with Rangers but the player himself chose us. Aberdeen and Motherwell were two clubs that multiple people confirmed had agreed terms with Rangers. 

I highly doubt there's any payments left. Someone could probably verify by checking the accounts. 

I do find it strange that both Parties are throwing insults (minor and thought out) about especially in the press? You would imagine Rangers could fine him wages for daring to criticise the manager, I somehow think a done deal has been done for both to be so vociferous  on the matter.

Not even suggesting with us by the way, but MOH must have a way out lined up to have the freedom to talk like he has in the press.    

Has he said anything that bad? He said he doesn't pay attention to anything said in the press about him, didn't feel he got a fair chance at Rangers, and struggled to understand Caixinhas philosophy. 

Caixinha has been far, far more scathing, and then Kenny Miller randomly started throwing insults around to try and endear himself to the Rangers support 

Has he said anything that bad? He said he doesn't pay attention to anything said in the press about him, didn't feel he got a fair chance at Rangers, and struggled to understand Caixinhas philosophy. 

Caixinha has been far, far more scathing, and then Kenny Miller randomly started throwing insults around to try and endear himself to the Rangers support 

was he not quoted saying that pedros training sessions were awful

I think the fact there has been an international break has made this a bigger story than it is. When you see what MOH said, he has said nothing any other player on loan wouldn't say. Easy story for journalists with time on their hands. 

The Rangers manager is also clever in that he recognises that MOH isn't popular amongst his own support, so he's an easy target for a few digs.

I suspect MOH will be employed by Rangers the longer out of the two, so maybe to be seen to be falling out with an increasingly unpopular manager isn't a bad thing for him, exaggerated or not.

Overall, again, Tommy comes out of this wee flashpoint well. The man is class in the way he handles players and the media.

The relationship his has with the player too, might just give us a fighting chance of getting him on a perminant deal in January.

QOS mate of mine says a large percentage of their fans dinnae rate him already. :?

Theres one of the match thread saying he's "not in the same league" as Derek Lyle.. 

Seems like he's missed a few sitters in his first few games for them, and now isn't even getting those chances. It's not exactly a great start for someone I was hoping could run riot and return in January full of confidence 

Theres one of the match thread saying he's "not in the same league" as Derek Lyle.. 

Seems like he's missed a few sitters in his first few games for them, and now isn't even getting those chances. It's not exactly a great start for someone I was hoping could run riot and return in January full of confidence 

Er, & we've just given him a contract extension.

• 3 weeks later...