Player contracts and transfers

David123

I don't really follow the under whatever it is nowadays, other than the odd twitter score that pops up (usually getting beaten, which is maybe another discussion, but I think it is a young team v others at that level?)

Anayway I am not seeing hendrys name mentioned a lot on the score sheet for him to warrent pushing for a start, it could be as someone said he is injured. However for him to be concidered he would need to be doing it week in week out at that level

Guest ScottMann

Ah, so your counting friendlies, in that case I seen Denny Johnstone score from 25 yards, clearly should be first choice 

It wouldn't surprise me if you actually thought that.

Love the room and gloom on here,brown got Tommy his top two targets this summer, Brown and his father have kept saints a well run club for a long time,brown went with Tommy to Ireland at the weekend to look at players for January but brown isn't backing saints, people on here need to know saints can't live above there means or we will end up like Dundee Livingston Dundee united

If his contract has expired then he is a free agent and can be signed with immediate effect?

We can't register him until January as he was registered with another club when the transfer window closed. Dundalk hold his registration, even though his contract has expired with them, until the next transfer window. 

We can't register him until January as he was registered with another club when the transfer window closed. Dundalk hold his registration, even though his contract has expired with them, until the next transfer window. 

Thanks for that - sound a bit like restrictive  practice to me!

Thanks for that - sound a bit like restrictive  practice to me!

I think it's there to level the playing field. If it wasn't in place, rich clubs could simply buy up players they saw as a threat from less well off clubs at any time during a season. Apart from the fact that the ugly sisters do that anyway, but just wait until January to do it.

It also means that clubs and managers have to live or die according to the wisdom (...or otherwise...) of their use of funds during the previous transfer window.  Which is kind of useful, because it tends to brutally expose a completely inadequate signing strategy...

Edited by HertsAgain