Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

I'm a bit stunned by Cummins' potential  move. He's been one of Tommy's mainstays for the two and a half seasons he's been here and the only transfer discussion about him was if he would get a new contract next summer, with the opinion seemly being that he probably would. Then out of the blue he could be away in a couple of weeks. 

I wonder what's going on. Did he maybe want to return to Ireland or is this a sign that we are about to see a bigger shake up of the squad than expected, one that's been called out for for a while?  Has Steve finally realised he's going to have to open up the biscuit tin more than usual? If the move is actually happening I find it a very interesting situation.

He's free to speak to other clubs, and we've not offered him an extension, so he's maybe just wanting the security of signing for a club who want him while also getting closer to home. 

We've maybe just agreed to let him join Cork in January, before their season starts, as it'll help fund a few signings in the window. 

Pure speculation on my part. 

Rumours Zippy might be heading back to Cork in January,so surely another striker coming in,if so

The standard of the league has improved considerably and guys like Cummins fall considerably below the new standard that has been set.

He was very poor when he came on last night and might be ok in a winning team at SPL level but doesn’t have the qualities to lift a struggling side. 

You could ship out Millar, Cummings and let Johnstone go back early from his loan.

Come the summer Anderson, Macca, Watson and Mannus could go as well.

You'll have Kane (lets be honest he is better than Johnstone) and Kerr back from QOS in January and hopefully Comrie fit again - I think we will need another striker who is the big target man so we can sometimes go 442 so we become a little less predictable 

I feel quite sorry for Cummins. The other night he made several runs for the ball to be played through and the player in possession completely ignored him...after a while he stopped making the runs.

That said, on the few occassions he has been played through, he hasn't taken the chance, so I'd be very surprised to see him here beyond the summer and leaving in Jan wouldn't completely surprise me.

I feel quite sorry for Cummins. The other night he made several runs for the ball to be played through and the player in possession completely ignored him...after a while he stopped making the runs.

That said, on the few occassions he has been played through, he hasn't taken the chance, so I'd be very surprised to see him here beyond the summer and leaving in Jan wouldn't completely surprise me.

That, unfortunately, can be a sign that other players don't rate him. Whether consciously or not deciding not to pass to him

That, unfortunately, can be a sign that other players don't rate him. Whether consciously or not deciding not to pass to him

I'm more concerned that some of the players don't have the ability to spot the run.

Cummins used to be guilty for missing sitters but he's not even getting into position to do that any more. The last decent chance I can remember him having was against Rangers at home. His confidence seems completely shot and maybe he does need a move to try and rekindle the form we saw from him in his first few months with us.

I'm more concerned that some of the players don't have the ability to spot the run.

Cummins used to be guilty for missing sitters but he's not even getting into position to do that any more. The last decent chance I can remember him having was against Rangers at home. His confidence seems completely shot and maybe he does need a move to try and rekindle the form we saw from him in his first few months with us.

Yeah, could be that too

I remember first time I saw him was pre season against Blackpool. I didn't rate him then

He then changed my mind for a while, but has now returned to my 'first impression'

That could obviously be linked to his confidence levels as you adhere to. I just can't see him getting back to a level that would be deemed as 'good enough' while with us. If he moved, he will hopefully get back to a level of performance that sees him being an asset to that team

A few Kilmarnock fans on different sites suggesting we're interested in signing Rory McKenzie in January 

24yo winger who's contract expires in the Summer. 153 top flight games, 11 goals and 26 assists. Two goals and two assists from 18 games this season. 

No idea how much substance is behind this, just something I've picked up on being mentioned a few times, so don't start berating me for "pretending to be ITK" or anything

Edited by RandomGuy

A few Kilmarnock fans on different sites suggesting we're interested in signing Rory McKenzie in January 

24yo winger who's contract expires in the Summer. 153 top flight games, 11 goals and 26 assists. Two goals and two assists from 18 games this season. 

No idea how much substance is behind this, just something I've picked up on being mentioned a few times, so don't start berating me for "pretending to be ITK" or anything

Ha Ha Random, keep up the investigation work!   I am back from a week in Sheffield you would not believe the names I have been told we are expressing an interest in! however ill keep them to my self just now ,   

He has never been my favorite manager but I think Craig Levein deserves huge praise in having their young players in the team. I know this has been to a certain extent forced upon them due injuries but Levein and his staff have made them match ready extremely well. Maybe we should be less cautious and blood a few more youngsters.

Will it though? If Rangers insist he comes back what can MOH do about that?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/568276/st-johnstone-boss-tommy-wright-wants-keep-michael-ohalloran/

“The indication from Rangers is they want Michael to come back,” said Wright.

“But part of that process will be down to what he wants to do as well.

“I want to keep him but a few weeks ago Mark Allen (Rangers’ director of football) indicated that they want him to head back to Ibrox.

“So we will have to see what happens when Michael sits down with them and talks about his future."

Read that Murty has been given the managers job until the end of the season. Can't see him wanting MOH back as there was bad blood between them about a development incident when MOH failed to turn up. Most likely they want him back to try and sell him. But their problem is trying to find a team who will pay a transfer fee and £8,000 a week wages. So there is a chance he could come back on loan but I believe it will be a last minute deal as they will hold on to him as long as possible to try and get a buyer.

Murray being kept on til end of season. I would assume he would want to keep or transfer Mikey.

King needs to find £11 million.

Should have been Murty.

We need a centre half in January. no leadership at the back at the moment and conceding goals for fun.

I think we need more than that.