Player contracts and transfers

David123

Aberdeen fan relatives of mine saying Maynard's garbage. Although he does sound like a typical Tommy signing if he feels he can get the best out of him.

I'm not sure he's ever had a proper run of games tbf to him.

TW: "There will be ones going out but that will not happen until next week," Wright said. "There will be some young players going out (on loan) and some players moving on."

Wonder who these "some players" are aside from Cummins?

Assume Watson and Gilchrist or Gordon are in there. Craig Thomson surely must leave in this window aswell. 

Like the look of young Wright,and seemingly not particularly rated up there,be a replacement for Mikey

Did he not sign a new long term contract with them this season? 

I liked Gilchrist but I guess Gordon and Kerr are probably just that bit ahead of him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a good championship team and get back to the premier league 

I'd be surprised. He'll spend his career in the Championship at best. 

Fwiw I don't particularly rate Liam Gordon that highly either. So I'll likely be hounded for both opinions. 

Need a commanding Centre half, some leadership at the back essential. Just hope McMillan does not have pressure rested on him early, although we need a goalscoring frontman.

x2 hopefully

What would be good for McMillan would be another fresh pair of legs up top who can give Macca a run for his money.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

I certainly wouldn't want us to let Alston go. Whilst he hasn't but the standards I thought he would, I do think there is a player in there.

I disagree with RandomGuys opinion of Gordon. I think he could develop into a very good player for us. Thought he played very well today when he came on and will only improve with time.

Cummins is away and I'd like to see us add Watson to that list. If it freed up a wage for an attacking player this window I'd also let Foster move on and put our faith in Comrie with Joe to cover full-back if required. Gordon and Kerr to fight for the other spot.

Keep Scougall central, continue to use Millar more and add another option in midfield and upfront (alongside our new striker) and I think it would give us a wee freshen up that we need.

I'd be surprised. He'll spend his career in the Championship at best. 

Fwiw I don't particularly rate Liam Gordon that highly either. So I'll likely be hounded for both opinions. 

Gordon looks a talent really composed at the back for someone so young. also provided the best bit of skill on the park today.

wouldnt be surprised to see TW stick with the 3 at the back now esp with Kerr returning

So you have Cummings, Gilchrist & MOH away already, Unpopular as it is we could let Millar go if we are not going to play him - I don't see the point in paying him a wage if we are only going to use him once a month. Foster I would be ok with letting him find another club as he seems to be a bit of a tit and when we are already up against it with poor form his antics are not helpful.

In the Summer we can look to let Mannus, Anderson, MacLean and a few youths who are not going to make the level but the problem we are going to have is...... Over the past 5/6 seasons we have had a core set of players who are all gelled and working very very well together and it was easy to integrate 2/3 players into the squad and keep that close unity. But I don't think we have really done that over the past couple of seasons and we are now at the stage where age has creeped up on some of the players and they can't perform to the level they once did. It's underrated how much a close squad who fight for each other actually brings to the table.

So you have Cummings, Gilchrist & MOH away already, Unpopular as it is we could let Millar go if we are not going to play him - I don't see the point in paying him a wage if we are only going to use him once a month. Foster I would be ok with letting him find another club as he seems to be a bit of a tit and when we are already up against it with poor form his antics are not helpful.

In the Summer we can look to let Mannus, Anderson, MacLean and a few youths who are not going to make the level but the problem we are going to have is...... Over the past 5/6 seasons we have had a core set of players who are all gelled and working very very well together and it was easy to integrate 2/3 players into the squad and keep that close unity. But I don't think we have really done that over the past couple of seasons and we are now at the stage where age has creeped up on some of the players and they can't perform to the level they once did. It's underrated how much a close squad who fight for each other actually brings to the table.

100%.

Guest ScottMann

People may call it a luxury to have two first choice keepers but I'd call it essential, especially as our back four is quite fragile at times and it looks as if we're going to be integrating young centre backs. I'd keep Clark and Mannus on as long as possible until Hurst has proven on loan that he's ready, as happened with Clark. 

Talk of letting Anderson go is crazy. He still has plenty to offer the club.

Whilst we certainly need to freshen things up, I'd be hesitant in doing too much, too quickly and completely taking away some of the backbone of our most successful squad.

I agree we should be looking for a replacement for Macca, but I still think his presence in the squad is beneficial. It would be totally dependent on the wages he requires to stay here. Anderson and Easton still have a good few years of service left in them to give the club and Millar's recent performances prove he should be a regular starter until we sign a suitable replacement.

Mannus is still a very good keeper and I have no problem with him and Zander fighting it out for the starting jersey.

If we want to replace these lads, we must be sure we are bringing in quality players we know can do a job. Players like Scougall.

People may call it a luxury to have two first choice keepers but I'd call it essential, especially as our back four is quite fragile at times and it looks as if we're going to be integrating young centre backs. I'd keep Clark and Mannus on as long as possible until Hurst has proven on loan that he's ready, as happened with Clark. 

Not sure Hurst is going to prove himself.