Player contracts and transfers

David123

16 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Fwiw I think Gordon is similar, but of a lower standard. Shaughnessy I struggle to rate, goes through spells of being incredible and I think he's amazing, then he'll have four games of looking like Bambi.

Shaughnessy is by no means the best defender in the world, he's merely competent at this level, the one plus he does have is he is never injured. That is his best feature for me and is why TW puts his trust in him. Kerr and Gordon will be our CB partnership within 2-3 years imo and will be a more mobile solid version of what we already have.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Also, can folk on here not have a meltdown when Kilmarnock sign Steven Naismith. Signings like that aren't realistic and it's purely because he supports them. 

Has he not spent the last month or so telling everyone how much he enjoyed playing for the old Rangers and how he has nightmares about his decision not to sign for Sevco?  Has he been wasting his time?

20 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Shaughnessy is by no means the best defender in the world, he's merely competent at this level, the one plus he does have is he is never injured. That is his best feature for me and is why TW puts his trust in him. Kerr and Gordon will be our CB partnership within 2-3 years imo and will be a more mobile solid version of what we already have.

You have to worry about a centre half that is never booked or injured.

Guest ScottMann
3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Also, can folk on here not have a meltdown when Kilmarnock sign Steven Naismith. Signings like that aren't realistic and it's purely because he supports them. 

FFS. We're now being patronised by the king of the meltdowns. I still don't know why you post on here given the contempt you have for the site and it's users. Well other users apart from yourself obviously.

1 hour ago, ScottMann said:

FFS. We're now being patronised by the king of the meltdowns. I still don't know why you post on here given the contempt you have for the site and it's users. Well other users apart from yourself obviously.

I enjoy posting on here, for the most part. At least on here you dont get Saints fans moaning because our players aren't as good as Evertons..

12 minutes ago, cristo said:

I see both Kane and Kerr are playing for QOS today. I thought the loan period would end at midnight on hogmany??

Can someone please enlighten me?

Transfermarkt has them there until the 10th, and a QOS fan reckons they'll be there until the "winter break" ends. So they'll maybe be there until after their match against ICT? 

Its never been made clear.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Transfermarkt has them there until the 10th, and a QOS fan reckons they'll be there until the "winter break" ends. So they'll maybe be there until after their match against ICT? 

Its never been made clear.

Thanks. I might go to that game if they're still there.

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Could be Del wants him to get game time and is offering a tempting loan deal with that as a condition.

What would be tempting is yes we can take them but Aberdeen pay all their current salaries. 

We would be doing them a favour not really the other way.

11 hours ago, saint_markperth said:

Kyle Wootton to come up and train for a week - Predominantly a striker but can play on the wings 

He's just returned from a loan at league two Stevenage to his parent club Scunthorpe - he only made 11 appearances, scoring once, and hasn't played a top team game since the beginning of November (unsure if that's down to injury or falling out of favour). Still has 18 months to run on his current deal so this is presumably with a view to a loan, unless Scunthrope want shot completely. 

If true, I'm glad Tommy is having a look at him before committing to signing him.