Player contracts and transfers

David123

48 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Players & coaching staff just back at work today.

You don't expect Tommy to work on his holidays do you. Probably still festering at Brown not giving him his week in the sun.

I'm maybe harsh but I do expect TW to be working on targets during his holiday, if he's simply turned his phone off for a week after giving Broon a list of targets, I'll have little to no sympathy when he inevitably blames everyone but himself for missing out on targets. He'd need to be there to help sell the club. 

Regardless of your thoughts on that, we should've had players identified and enquired about long before January began, you can agree deals in November if you so desire. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm maybe harsh but I do expect TW to be working on targets during his holiday, if he's simply turned his phone off for a week after giving Broon a list of targets, I'll have little to no sympathy when he inevitably blames everyone but himself for missing out on targets. He'd need to be there to help sell the club. 

Regardless of your thoughts on that, we should've had players identified and enquired about long before January began, you can agree deals in November if you so desire. 

I'm sure Tommy will be constantly identifying and enquiring about players - really don't see any reason to think that's an issue.

The guy's entitled to a proper holiday just like everyone else is. 

9 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'm sure Tommy will be constantly identifying and enquiring about players - really don't see any reason to think that's an issue.

The guy's entitled to a proper holiday just like everyone else is. 

As I say, it's my opinion a manager should be there when a players getting shown around the ground and that, to talk to them about there role in the team and how we want them to play. Things like that could sway a player towards us. I'd be disappointed if we're missing out on players because TW has taken a week off, considering the current state of the squad. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

As I say, it's my opinion a manager should be there when a players getting shown around the ground and that, to talk to them about there role in the team and how we want them to play. Things like that could sway a player towards us. I'd be disappointed if we're missing out on players because TW has taken a week off, considering the current state of the squad. 

I'm glad you're not my employer! If you were I probably wouldn't hang around for very long.

Theres absolutely no point comparing the job of a football manager to anything else. 

Of course there is. Footballers are people and football clubs are businesses. Recruiting and managing talent is a constant concern for many organisations.

1 hour ago, Dooj said:

Of course there is. Footballers are people and football clubs are businesses. Recruiting and managing talent is a constant concern for many organisations.

You don't have specific windows of time you can hire people though. January is the only month we bring players in. Ignoring a a week of it would be bizarre. 

your lucky if you find anyone decent in january, if McMillan turns out to be a gem then id be over the moon with our dealings. We have been playing poor at home but on paper we have a strong squad,  we're only a third of the way through the month folk need to get a grip. plenty of time for more signings if Tommy sees fit

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

You don't have specific windows of time you can hire people though. January is the only month we bring players in. Ignoring a a week of it would be bizarre. 

Loads of people have restrictions and deadlines and specific circumstances in their jobs that would make a similar argument applicable to them. But it's pretty much accepted as a given in today's world that if you want your staff to be happy and perform to their best, you need to be willing to give them breaks. I don't see why that shouldn't apply to a football manager.

For what it's worth though I don't think it's especially relevant here. I'd be very surprised if Tommy Wright is currently lying on a beach with his phone switched off. From what I can gather he seems to be pretty much permanently switched onto his job. Whether or not that's actually a good thing is of course a matter of opinion.

Most of the agricultural sector, the post office, Amazon are just a few off the top of my head who have to recruit during specific windows.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

So having told everyone to be calm and not go OTT when Naismith signed for Killie, you are now spouting a lot of crap about the possibility that our manager had a weeks holiday.

I think it is about time that you got a life.

And just to keep you in the know the players were training at the Uni yesterday.

55 minutes ago, mainstand said:

So having told everyone to be calm and not go OTT when Naismith signed for Killie, you are now spouting a lot of crap about the possibility that our manager had a weeks holiday.

And just to keep you in the know the players were training at the Uni yesterday.

Any strange faces kicking about?

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

But was lazy TW still on holiday?

16 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

But was lazy TW still on holiday?

He was there from 6 am waiting on them arriving he then valeted their cars and did their ironing before he went out to training. He washed their backs in showers after training aswell as random says it  makes all the difference to a player having such an attentive manager:laugh:

20 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

It wasn't even me who said TW was on holiday. All I'm saying is I'd be disappointed if he was as, in my opinion, we'd need him to be there when players signed. 

Sorry must have been seeing things:roll: