Player contracts and transfers

David123

5 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Craig Thomson been released not much of a surprise but freeds up another spot 

Wonder if he's been released because we've signed up a winger? 

Be interesting to see where he ends up and how his career goes, was never anywhere near good enough for the top flight despite all the protestations about it just being because he "never got a run of games" 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Be interesting to see where he ends up and how his career goes, was never anywhere near good enough for the top flight despite all the protestations about it just being because he "never got a run of games" 

That’s what I thought expecting an announcement immediately see also Watson staying at Hartlepool as well 

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I’m surprised you can judge Thomson on a total of about 6 games,has Alston proven himself after getting an extended run? Or did Darnell Fisher change your mind after Motherwell away? Or Paton after his first dozen games? I could go on,but I’ve seen almost every minute of Thompson’s first team career,and most friendlies,and seen enough to say he’s got a chance if given one,good luck to him anyway

43 minutes ago, dave mc said:

I’m surprised you can judge Thomson on a total of about 6 games,has Alston proven himself after getting an extended run? Or did Darnell Fisher change your mind after Motherwell away? Or Paton after his first dozen games? I could go on,but I’ve seen almost every minute of Thompson’s first team career,and most friendlies,and seen enough to say he’s got a chance if given one,good luck to him anyway

Thomson will not be a regular premiership standard player. Bookmark the **** out of this if you want, very confident in what I am typing.

52 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Thomson played 24 top flight games for us, and contributed one goal and zero assists. 

He played in the last seven matches of last season, and started the last two, the fact so many people don't remember he played that regularly probably says a lot. 

Peterhead fans weren't bothered at all about his loan move ending last season, when they were in League One 

24 appearances! They were mostly 10 - 15 minute cameos,like Pittodrie when he scored and changed the game,I’m sure you’ll get his total minutes somewhere,but he never played a full game iirc,but you’re obviously more astute at judging players than some,Fisher should’ve never played again according to you after Motherwell,but turned in many mom’s performances after that

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Peterhead fans weren't bothered at all about his loan move ending last season, when they were in League One 

They were maybe all random guys! Hibs fans hated Liam,and Spoony,McLean wasn’t rated at many of his clubs by their fans, thank God it’s not fans that decide who’s a player and who’s not.

12 minutes ago, dave mc said:

24 appearances! They were mostly 10 - 15 minute cameos,like Pittodrie when he scored and changed the game,I’m sure you’ll get his total minutes somewhere,but he never played a full game iirc,but you’re obviously more astute at judging players than some,Fisher should’ve never played again according to you after Motherwell,but turned in many mom’s performances after that

I won't lie I think his total minutes accumulate to about 7 or 8 90 minute appearances. Thats ignoring the point that wide players need to produce goals and assists regardless of how long they've been on the pitch.

In fact, heres a breakdown of him game time, in intervals...

Matches where he played...

Under 10 minutes: 9

10-15 minutes: 3

15-30 minutes: 10

30-60 minutes: 1

60+ minutes: 5 for Saints (10 for Elgin in League Two, 0 goals, 1 assist)/(7 for Peterhead in League One, 2 goals, 2 assists)

No bias, just plain facts. 

His lack of game time has seriously hindered his development, he should've had more experience out on loan more than he has done, its an issue we had for a group of youngsters like Gilchrist aswell. Hopefully we've learned from that and the next batch get a proper chance of developing before being left to rot in our stand.

Edited by RandomGuy

2 hours ago, dave mc said:

They were maybe all random guys! Hibs fans hated Liam,and Spoony,McLean wasn’t rated at many of his clubs by their fans, thank God it’s not fans that decide who’s a player and who’s not.

Agreed.

Or Thomson would still be here.