Player contracts and transfers

David123

This could be a very important 8 days for Tommy in his career. We're not that far off the relegation pack and we've a slightly weakened squad, especially with the news that Easton is out for another month or two. Others in and around us have brought players in too. With 60-80 grand (?) per position at stake in the league perhaps now might be the time for Steve to push it a little to save us from getting dragged into the pack below? I guess it depends on how much faith he has in the existing squad to steer us clear. 

Edited by Broon

9 hours ago, Wee Mental Davie said:

That's Easty away down South for an operation to help his injury, which will keep him out for a month. Just hope Tommy doesn't go all out Paddy Cregg on him if his injuries keep occurring come the end of his contract.

Seems daft that we wait untill the end of the break to send him, he'd be a week away from fitness if he'd gone at start of break 

9 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Seems daft that we wait untill the end of the break to send him, he'd be a week away from fitness if he'd gone at start of break 

His problem has been ongoing for ages now so it is totally unprofessional to leave it til after the winter break.

28 minutes ago, dave mc said:

18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

His problem has been ongoing for ages now so it is totally unprofessional to leave it til after the winter break.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/582494/st-johnstone-boss-foolish-not-try-sign-danny-swanson/

"Meanwhile, defender Brain Easton could be facing another spell on the sidelines.

The left-back only returned to action in the last game of 2017 after a two-month lay-off following knee surgery. He may have to go under the knife again, though.

Wright, who confirmed Paul Paton will also miss tomorrow’s Scottish Cup clash with Albion Rovers, said: “Brian is a concern. We’ll have to send him for a scan.

“He had a problem around his pelvic area at the start of the season. He got an injection during one of the international breaks and that made a difference but last week the problem started to come back.

“We’ll see what the scan shows. The fact that it’s come back suggests that we might need to get him a small operation."

1 hour ago, Broon said:

This could be a very important 8 days for Tommy in his career. We're not that far off the relegation pack and we've a slightly weakened squad, especially with the news that Easton is out for another month or two. Others in and around us have brought players in too. With 60-80 grand (?) per position at stake in the league perhaps now might be the time for Steve to push it a little to save us from getting dragged into the pack below? I guess it depends on how much faith he has in the existing squad to steer us clear. 

Completely agree. Whilst we're only out of the top 6 on goal difference,  we're nowhere near clear enough of the bottom teams to rest on our laurels in this window. Tommy mentioned up to 5 players in, but you begin to wonder if they included loan returns (Kane, Watson, Kerr all back - all first team players) as well as McMillan.

We can't afford to come out of the January window without a replacement for O'Halloran. Tommy has talked about wanting two wide players so he's obviously got that in mind. Hopefully something will come off for us over the next week or so, otherwise it's going to be a hard slog from now until the end of the season.

It looks like our spurious summer signing target, that was spun out all summer, David Ngog has just signed for Ross County. 

I think it was a wind up that we were ever after him in the first place.

I have to say both Steve Clarke and Owen Coyle have done a very good job attracting some high profile players.

I wouldn't mind do much if there was more communication from the club. I'm not expecting them to say "we're trying to sign Swanson but Hibs want 20% of his wages paid" or that, but let us know stuffs moving along. There's a week left of the window and all we've had is TW halfway through saying we're after two wingers. 

5 minutes ago, akuram said:

I really hope we sign someone who will add a bit of sparkle for the remaining games as nearly every other club have added to their squads recently.

We cannot let ourselves get into a fight at the bottom.

Come on saints we need to spend.

someone like this guy? ****ing hundreds of sparkle and apparently has great ball skills

2F801C5500000578-3366929-image-m-61_1450

Edited by saint_markperth