Player contracts and transfers

David123

We are still in contention for the top six for those that want to be positive but there is no hiding what the table looks like just below us. What message does doing nothing over the next few days send out, especially when the manager has made it clear that he wants bodies in?

I'm still optimistic we'll get something done. Thursday morning will reveal whether that is a foolish stance.

31 minutes ago, Broon said:

I hope we're not hanging around waiting on O'halloran or Swanson. Would be nice to see us think outside the box for a change.

When you are being outbid for players by Dundee, Ross County, Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock it’s not hard to see why it’s difficult to “think outside the box”.

23 minutes ago, Broon said:

I hope we're not hanging around waiting on O'halloran or Swanson. Would be nice to see us think outside the box for a change.

Steady on Broon,thinking outside the box,sounds way to radical for our chairman’s insular mind set.Hell it might even cost money.No,paper over the obvious to all cracks and keep our fingers cross.

If we are not already there we soon will be when it’s time for root and branch surgery from top to bottom at our club.Transformation,regeneration,not words used in our board room I’d imagine.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

The likes of Alston and McMillan were wanted by half the teams in this league when we signed them. Same with Scougall. 

Browns an easy target, maybe folk should be questioning why we've got the likes of Watson earning a fortune on a two year deal before calling for the chairman's head. 

Agree with this, our signing policy is haphazard at best.

The thinking out side the box should come from picking up the phone to Jody Morris (or may be someone else in the seldom used contact book) and see if he has a winger we can borrow for a few months. The crude we hear about needing to know the league and Scottish football is tiresome as other teams (Hibs) have managed okay

2 hours ago, Broon said:

If Michael O’Halloran doesn’t make the Rangers squad today with Bruno Alves, Graham Dorrans, Ryan Jack, Ross McCrorie, Kenny Miller, Jordan Rossiter and Lee Wallace all still to come back, you have got to imagine that he will be up for grabs...

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

28 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

If Michael O’Halloran doesn’t make the Rangers squad today with Bruno Alves, Graham Dorrans, Ryan Jack, Ross McCrorie, Kenny Miller, Jordan Rossiter and Lee Wallace all still to come back, you have got to imagine that he will be up for grabs...

Yeah but do we want him. He might even be more disinterested than he was the last few games.

Guest ScottMann

Storey and Sammon have mainly been poor for Thistle, not scoring and have been benched as Thistle were stuck around the bottom of the table. However because both have perked up a bit in the last few games they have apparently become world class players we missed out on. I love a good bit of revisionism. 

9 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

Storey and Sammon have mainly been poor for Thistle, not scoring and have been benched as Thistle were stuck around the bottom of the table. However because both have perked up a bit in the last few games they have apparently become world class players we missed out on. I love a good bit of revisionism. 

Sorry to say it but they were both head and shoulders above any one in a Saints strip yesterday.

26 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

We've been crying out for someone else with raw pace like Storey has. That's twice he's absolutely roasted a Saints defender resulting in goals.

Thistle should have scored after about 40 seconds yesterday as well.

Guest ScottMann
8 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

We've been crying out for someone else with raw pace like Storey has. That's twice he's absolutely roasted a Saints defender resulting in goals.

Thistle should have scored after about 40 seconds yesterday as well.

Pace is undoubtedly needed but MOH was meant to provide that. We needed more than that though. Storey and Sammon were mooted as part of the jewel hunt, the much vaunted goal scorer that was long overdue and solve problems. Both were slagged when mentioned in the summer and until recently did absolutely nothing at Thistle to disprove this. Just because they've had decent spells in a couple of games against us doesn't suddenly make them better players than they actually are. The evidence is there to see with their season long records. I'm not losing sleep over not signing them. It's more worrying we make them look good!

45 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

And the rest of the season?

Sammon has six goals and three assists, and Storey has three goals in five assists. 

That's nine goals and eight goals they've been involved in. Our highest is Liam Craig who has three goals and five assists. 

Sammons six goals would make him out top scorer, Storeys assists would make him out joint top assist maker. 

Any further clues how "the full season" shows they wouldn't be an improvement? 

59 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Only Ross County have scored less. The form table is a shocker. We really are in danger of "doing a Hibs".

The small comfort against this awful pain, is at last a realisation from TW that Ando, Macca, Spoony et  al are no longer SPFL quality.

Believe it when you see it.

The 5 changes he was talking about were going to happen anyway.

5 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Only Ross County have scored less. The form table is a shocker. We really are in danger of "doing a Hibs".

The small comfort against this awful pain, is at last a realisation from TW that Ando, Macca, Spoony et  al are no longer SPFL quality.

I don’t think TW has realised that though, or they wouldn’t keep starting games.

As much as I think Ando And Macca are not cut out for this level anymore, they both still have parts to play. If we weren’t such a streamlined club, you’d keep your record appearance holder and Wiley old striker involved behind the scenes coaching others and generally being club ambassadors. 

Its actually a shame for fans to start giving them pelters given what they have contributed and both give 100% every game, but it’s tommy and Callum’s jobs to identify their slide and rectify or replace.

Spoony frustrates so much though. Bags of talent there, but we can’t rely on a once in four of five outstanding performance and dross the rest of the time.

I get the feeling that the intentions is to see out the season and build again for next season, which is fair enough if we can see out the season without getting relegated which is looking harder and harder each game.