Player contracts and transfers

David123

34 minutes ago, PanamaSaint said:

I feel TW made a big mistake and  has under estimated the value of Midge. If midge can have his training regime nmanaged and keep his hamstring problems at bay, I see no reason why he can not handle a game a week.

I think he can handle a game a week but not maybe 2.

Shame it has taken so long for him to get back in the team as we may not have had such a long bad run.

There is no doubt that Midge has got himself into great shape and he has made a real impact of late.

However, I think it only serves to underline the importance of signing an able replacement to play alongside Muzz to bring out the best in him.

Millar will be 35 in a few weeks(so the same time next year will be 36). The Scottish Premiership is a tough league as this season has proven and we need as many players available for as many matches as possible.

It could be that McClean is being blooded to be Millar’s replacement but it does seem premature to expect him to make such a leap over the next 12 months. 

12 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

There is no doubt that Midge has got himself into great shape and he has made a real impact of late.

However, I think it only serves to underline the importance of signing an able replacement to play alongside Muzz to bring out the best in him.

Millar will be 35 in a few weeks(so the same time next year will be 36). The Scottish Premiership is a tough league as this season has proven and we need as many players available for as many matches as possible.

It could be that McClean is being blooded to be Millar’s replacement but it does seem premature to expect him to make such a leap over the next 12 months. 

MIdge is busy promoting his personal trainer business and good luck to him with it but there is also the point that can and should a professional footballer combine his playing with doing personal training sessions at 6 in the morning before travelling for 2 hours for his training. Surely that is not ideal preparation for a day (well couple of hours) training.

3 minutes ago, mainstand said:

MIdge is busy promoting his personal trainer business and good luck to him with it but there is also the point that can and should a professional footballer combine his playing with doing personal training sessions at 6 in the morning before travelling for 2 hours for his training. Surely that is not ideal preparation for a day (well couple of hours) training.

Looking at him it's not done him any harm this year

19 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Hang on......................is that a criticism ms? :shock:

38 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Hang on......................is that a criticism ms? :shock:

OMG you never miss an opportunity do you mrs. :eek:

If you have read previous comments you will see I don't buy in to this love in with Midge. I liked him in years gone by but just think he has come to the end of his time. Did okay on Saturday but think he gets carried a bit in the middle by Murray.

retreats and puts on tin helmet:razz:

16 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Why not use Scougall as Millar's successor. He's tidy on the ball, keeps possession well and clearly isn't a winger. I think he could really excel for us in that position.

Guest ScottMann
3 hours ago, mainstand said:

You're really criticising someone who has two jobs that are dependent upon physical fitness about they conduct their involvement with physical fitness? I expect Chris and the club will know a tad more about this than anyone on here.

50 minutes ago, Dave Ferg said:

Surely Chris Millar should be spending more time drinking and gambling rather than keeping fit and making provision for life after football?

He'll no get any lessons on the spending front from Sixties Saint & your Good self. Ha ha.

Both are water TIGHT.:laugh:

Edited by HOODLUM65

4 hours ago, ScottMann said:

You're really criticising someone who has two jobs that are dependent upon physical fitness about they conduct their involvement with physical fitness? I expect Chris and the club will know a tad more about this than anyone on here.

Yes they will but it is my opinion and that alone. I never said it was based on any particular knowledge of sports science. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Following on from Megan leaving the Supporters Direct account have announced  Bev will be joining them from 26 March, whilst doing her voluntary role as SLO at Saints, Was Bev not full time at Saints on lottery to?

Bev was doing Saints lottery but is leaving that role.