Player contracts and transfers

David123

9 hours ago, Dave Ferg said:

Need 100% certainty we won't be offering top league wages with any hint of relegation. As much in players' interests as club's to hold off.

That's not the issue, contracts can still be offered with a provision dictating wether were in the top or not....

Look at Richard Foster he's good for next season and I'll guarantee that if we get relegated his wage would drop...

As long as it's written it's legal my feeling is that they've already identified and spoken to the ones that are getting a new contract but keeping it hush hush as to not upset the apple cart...Because I do believe the AXE is going to fall..

4 hours ago, byebyedundee said:

That's not the issue, contracts can still be offered with a provision dictating wether were in the top or not....

Look at Richard Foster he's good for next season and I'll guarantee that if we get relegated his wage would drop...

As long as it's written it's legal my feeling is that they've already identified and spoken to the ones that are getting a new contract but keeping it hush hush as to not upset the apple cart...Because I do believe the AXE is going to fall..

I disagree. I think that's exactly the issue.

If/ when we confirm our place in the Premiership for next season, I expect we'll start to hear announcements about individual players.

Here's the league's out of contract list for this season folks

Aberdeen

Danny Rogers

Nicky Maynard

Anthony O’Connor

Celtic

No one 

Dundee

Paul McGowan

Elliot Parish

Scott Bain

Kostadin Gadzhalov

Josh Meekings

Julen Etxabeguren

Kevin Holt

Mark O’Hara

Lewis Spence

Jesse Curran

Sam Dryden

Kerr Waddell

Genseric Kusunga

Jeremy Malherbe

Hamilton

Darren Jamieson

Xavier Tomas

Georgios Sarris

Shaun Want

Giannis Skondras

Ali Crawford

Danny Redmond

David Templeton

Rakish Bingham

Jordan McGregor

Alex Gogic

Hearts

Aaron Hughes

Prince Buaben

Jon McLaughlin

Hibs

Dylan McGeouch

Scott Martin

Fraser Murray

Ryan Porteous

Callum Crane

Lewis Allan

Killie

Gary Dicker

Gordon Greer

Chris Burke

Steven Smith

Youssouf Mulumbu

Rory McKenzie

Greg Kiltie

Brad Spencer

Alexander Samizadeh

Leo Fasan

Motherwell

Ryan Bowman

Ellis Plummer

Deimantas Petravicius

Andy Rose

Charles Dunne

Russell Griffiths

Liam Grimshaw

Shea Gordon

George Newell

Thistle

Abdul Osman

Callum Booth

Ryan Scully

Steven Lawless

Paul McGinn

Stuart Bannigan

Mustapha Dumbuya

Danny Devine

Martin Woods

Rangers

Kenny Miller

Niko Kranjcar

Ryan Hardie

David Bates

Jordan Thompson

County

Michael Gardyne

Craig Curran

Marcus Fraser

Aaron McCarey

Christopher Routis

Jason Naismith

Alex Schalk

Dylan Dykes

*** Chow

Reghan Tumilty

Russell Dingwall

Blair Malcolm

Tony Dingwall

Chris Eagles

Liam Fontaine

David N’gog

Fill yer boots.

(I took out the loan deals expiring)

You’d imagine the likes of Hibs will sign up their promising youngsters like Porteous pretty soon. 

The one name which does stand out to be on that list is Ryan Hardie, but I suspect he’ll sign on again at Rangers and maybe go out on loan. Plus there would probably be a development fee. Despite his woes on Saturday I still think Meekings is a player and get him doing the basics which he would at saints and he’d be fine if injury free. 

TimChow :laugh:

the one that stands out for me and seems a saints type of signing is Ali Crawford, Accies had him on a longterm deal which put a lot of english clubs paying an asking price of around 2million, he was their stand out man for years but his form has dipped dramatically the last 2years

Unofficial Twitter quoting TW about some injuries.

Ricky Foster is "flying" in his recovery and could be back this season. Scougall looks like being back Mid-April. Easton and McMillan have no timeframe on their return, Eastons recovery taking "longer than you'd hope" while McMillan is "working hard".

Not exactly informative about the last two but at least hes mentioned them to stop all the screeching about it.

From that list, Ali Crawford and McGowan of Dundee are central midfielders who have always done well against us that might be worth a punt. I rated Thistle's Bannigan very highly before he got a serious injury, not sure he's regained that form at all since. I'm guessing Mulumbu is not realistic!

A lack of forward options there, agree Schalk is decent. Maynard might be worth a trial.. he's hardly featured at all, but then aberdeen seemed to fill their squad with loads of attacking players, so I'm not sure it necessarily means he no good.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Unofficial Twitter quoting TW about some injuries.

Ricky Foster is "flying" in his recovery and could be back this season. Scougall looks like being back Mid-April. Easton and McMillan have no timeframe on their return, Eastons recovery taking "longer than you'd hope" while McMillan is "working hard".

Not exactly informative about the last two but at least hes mentioned them to stop all the screeching about it.

So wondering why there has been absolutely no information from the club regarding the injury situation of two players is "Screeching" is it Cupcake ??