Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann
2 hours ago, saintcraigieboy said:

I heard that in McMillans case. Scans are showing that injury has healed and no issue, but player saying he is still injured/not fit. Probably a lot of pish, but might be why we are hearing little about him.

The same was said about Midge and that was wrong. Maybe he's a good mate of Gormley's.

On 16/03/2018 at 9:28 AM, PauloPerth said:

From that list, Ali Crawford and McGowan of Dundee are central midfielders who have always done well against us that might be worth a punt. I rated Thistle's Bannigan very highly before he got a serious injury, not sure he's regained that form at all since. I'm guessing Mulumbu is not realistic!

A lack of forward options there, agree Schalk is decent. Maynard might be worth a trial.. he's hardly featured at all, but then aberdeen seemed to fill their squad with loads of attacking players, so I'm not sure it necessarily means he no good.

Schalk would be a guid ane.! Probably be much happier living in a real toon as well.!

I would keep mannus,midge,ando,and macca at least another season,muzz needs a new deal asap, think Tommy will try and get Swanson and MOH in the summer,heard the lad from Killie signed a new deal,think Watson will be away, would keep hendry another year as well,think McMillan and Kane would be a good partnership,with hendry and Macca back up maybe even Johnstone to bring something else to the team,

5 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Jury out for me regarding new contracts for Macca and Ando.

I personally would add Mannus & Millar into this list, 

Realistically the 4 of them will be nearer the top end of our wage budget so it could allow us to freshen things up in a major way

7 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Michael O'Halloran was spotted in the "players area" at Pittodrie yesterday, apparently. I know it's not Saints chat but I sort of held a hope he'd be signed in the Summer by us again. 

You know it’s not to do with Saints, but still post it? Wtf? I’ve got my shopping list.........

17 hours ago, SlickDT said:

I'd let Macca, Johnstone, Watson and Forster move on in the summer. Think there is now better options we can pursue.

I'm a big fan of Denny Johnstone and if the option is there to sign him permanently in the summer then we should definitely pursue it, in my opinion. 

Don't agree there will be "better options" to pursue - that way of thinking normally leads to missing out on targets and then making a panic signing.

Surprised at folk saying let Ando, Millar, Maclean and Mannus go. They've all played a massive part in our recent improvement. 

If we've got better players lined up then I'm listening, but simply letting the core/ leaders of our team go in the hope that we sign better is a very dangerous game. 

It will come down to finances, but I'd offer each of them another season, possibly link wages to appearances.

13 hours ago, dave mc said:

You know it’s not to do with Saints, but still post it? Wtf? I’ve got my shopping list.........

Probably because a lot of us half expected we'd be linked with him again in the summer. If he's likely to join Aberdeen then I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us go after Swanson again, or May on loan.

41 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Surprised at folk saying let Ando, Millar, Maclean and Mannus go. They've all played a massive part in our recent improvement. 

If we've got better players lined up then I'm listening, but simply letting the core/ leaders of our team go in the hope that we sign better is a very dangerous game. 

It will come down to finances, but I'd offer each of them another season, possibly link wages to appearances.

3 or 4 games ago it seemed like a season too far for these guys so I think another season might be a problem.

We do have to make 3 or 4 signings to freshen up the team so some have to go. The problem is who.

IF these guys were willing to accept reduced contracts & accept that they probably wouldn't be first pick then I would be happy with that.

40 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Being linked with Paul McGowan today. 

A replacement for Midge?

Would certainly look like it, if there is basis to it and it comes off. I think he's a decent player but the Dundee fans don't all seem sold on him and then there is obviously the off-the-field stuff. He's probably one step out of line away from a spell inside.

You get the impression that Neil McCann isn't the easiest manager to work under.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, RandomGuy said:

Michael O'Halloran was spotted in the "players area" at Pittodrie yesterday, apparently. I know it's not Saints chat but I sort of held a hope he'd be signed in the Summer by us again. 

That is strange cause there is a tweet about him allegedly being in the Directors area at Aberdeen's game on 10 March, allegedly sitting with his agent. Very grainy photograph.