Player contracts and transfers

David123

28 minutes ago, mainstand said:

That is strange cause there is a tweet about him allegedly being in the Directors area at Aberdeen's game on 10 March, allegedly sitting with his agent. Very grainy photograph.

Seems like hes on the move to Aberdeen then. Would be an obvious move tbf.

I'm split on McGowan, I think he'd be an upgrade on Paton and he'd be as good a replacement for Millar as you can easily think of. But hes an absolute ****. Not been in legal bother for three years or so but missed Dundees last few games because he got sent off after a match for arguing with opposition fans and the referee.

3 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Being linked with Paul McGowan today. 

A replacement for Midge?

I wonder if it’s partly Tommy winding up that wee fcukwit along the road. McGowan is a decent player, but for me, the baggage outweighs what he’d bring to the team. The thought of him and foster is the same team..... 

21 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

I wonder if it’s partly Tommy winding up that wee fcukwit along the road. McGowan is a decent player, but for me, the baggage outweighs what he’d bring to the team. The thought of him and foster is the same team..... 

Very similar was said about Paul Paton when it was first mentioned he was joining us and Paul was the complete professional at his time at Saints. 

1 minute ago, PanamaSaint said:

Very similar was said about Paul Paton when it was first mentioned he was joining us and Paul was the complete professional at his time at Saints. 

Was just thinking the very same.

Only drawback would be, be canny kick the ball as high as Paton could.:wink:

8 minutes ago, PanamaSaint said:

I agree, but McGowan is much more of a tube on and off the pitch that Paton ever was or will be. That said, I think he is a better footballer....

I just think that sometimes the balance in the team isn’t just on the pitch, but the impact a player or players have in the squad off of it. We’ve looked a much more happy and settled team since Foster and Paton have been out of it. Possible coincidence mind you, but sometimes a player can be a distributive influence in the dressing room. 

Edited by TheYellowBox

15 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

I agree, but McGowan is much more of a tube on and off the pitch that Paton ever was or will be. That said, I think he is a better footballer....

I just think that sometimes the balance in the team isn’t just on the pitch, but the impact a player or players have in the squad off of it. We’ve looked a much more happy and settled team since Foster and Paton have been out of it. Possible coincidence mind you, but sometimes a player can be a distributive influence in the dressing room. 

McGowan punched a police officer he had a long running feud with. Paton assaulted a fellow footballer in an alleyway. 

Not convinced one is any worse than the other. 

I think people forget some of the past players we’ve had. I mean Jordan Robertson signed for us following his release from prison and pretty sure David Robertson signed for us after his alleged involvements. 

McGowans past is behind him Tbh and I’m pretty sure Tommy Wright wouldn’t be thinking of bringing him in if he thought he’d be a negative influence. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

McGowan punched a police officer he had a long running feud with. Paton assaulted a fellow footballer in an alleyway. 

Not convinced one is any worse than the other. 

The courts think differently. Not saying McGowan hasn’t changed and I wasn’t a fan of Paton either, I think he’s a good player, but I’d rather we looked elsewhere.

Yes, we’ve signed players in the past with a ‘history’, but we should be setting examples to the younger players coming through. I’d hope that if he did sign, then Tommy would use him as an example of how not to behave and get him to talk to the youngsters about responsibilities on and off the pitch.

Edited by TheYellowBox

Guest ScottMann

Why on earth would O'Halloran need to go to an Aberdeen game during signing discussions? He'll know Pittodrie and the club well enough. To think that he could attend a game and not be photographed properly by either the media or a fan is unreal.

6 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

Why on earth would O'Halloran need to go to an Aberdeen game during signing discussions? He'll know Pittodrie and the club well enough. To think that he could attend a game and not be photographed properly by either the media or a fan is unreal.

The game that he was pictured at was not even at pittodrie it was at firhill and he was simply sitting with Aberdeen staff. 

51 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

Why not? It's common practice for prospective signings to get the hospitality treatment and get a match to watch. We done it with Scougall. 

I'm not convinced anyone would care about the media seeing, he's clearly not playing for Rangers again. 

9 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Being linked with Paul McGowan today. 

A replacement for Midge?

Another 30 year old.I would rather keep Midge who looks fitter & stronger now & I think there is another season in him.

Problem is I think Wright wants rid.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Why not? It's common practice for prospective signings to get the hospitality treatment and get a match to watch. We done it with Scougall. 

I'm not convinced anyone would care about the media seeing, he's clearly not playing for Rangers again. 

Not when he is signed with another club and still has a year to go on his contract though.

12 hours ago, mainstand said:

Not when he is signed with another club and still has a year to go on his contract though.

Is it not over two years to go?

From wiki - "On 1 February 2016, after much speculation, O'Halloran signed a four and a half-year deal with the then Scottish Championship club Rangers for a fee reported to be £500,000."

18 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Is it not over two years to go?

From wiki - "On 1 February 2016, after much speculation, O'Halloran signed a four and a half-year deal with the then Scottish Championship club Rangers for a fee reported to be £500,000."

Didn't we do well.. Cha Ching

25 minutes ago, mainstand said:

or a sell back clause.

He’ll not be back. Even if we agreed a few with Rangers or even got him for free, we could never meet his wages and I don’t think (or see why) he’d drop enough for him to be affordable to us.

Aberdeen seems a decent fit as they could pay maybe £3k-£4k a week for him, but we could/would never stretch that far.

I think he’ll be off down south to a league 1 level club and see out his days down there.