Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

I'd have thought if he had a future at Fulham they'd have extended his contract before now and if they do get promoted then he'd definitely be out. We've pulled off unlikely transfers before so I wouldn't say no chance but by the looks of it he's had English Championship and League One clubs after him so wouldn't be getting the hopes up too much. An outside chance is still a chance and we are in possession so to speak!

3 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

One of the players who impressed Tommy Wright in the Europa League matches Justinas Januševskis of FK Trakai is now a free agent.

Surely you can “afford” him now that there is no fee involved.

Would depend on his wage demands.

18 minutes ago, jhq said:

Would depend on his wage demands.

His wage demands would not be be any higher than the out of contract trio of MacLean, Mannus or Anderson.

He has publicly stated that he wants to leave Trakai and Lithuania with his preferred destination being the UK.

Sign him up Tommy!!

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

His wage demands would not be be any higher than the out of contract trio of MacLean, Mannus or Anderson.

He has publicly stated that he wants to leave Trakai and Lithuania with his preferred destination being the UK.

Sign him up Tommy!!

Do you know his wage demands?  

2 hours ago, David123 said:

Interesting to note that Maksimov and Dorley both left Trakai for a combined 180k, perhaps some of their players aren’t so out of reach for us 

Dorley is still with Trakai, think he’s just on loan at Liberac?

4 hours ago, David123 said:

Interesting to note that Maksimov and Dorley both left Trakai for a combined 180k, perhaps some of their players aren’t so out of reach for us 

Transfer fees are irrelevant.  It's a matter of wages.  As Widge says Dorley is on loan at Liberec. 

Both would be a huge loss but find the MacLean link hard to believe. He is 36 in August. If he was offered one last chance of a good pay out though who could blame him for moving. Murray just turned 30 so would have thought an offer to him was more plausible. I think Levein was an admirer too - so I think we may be seeing the last of him. Two big earners though so can we replace them with better options ? We really have fallen down on the recruitment front in the last few years. Next season is make or break on the quality of signings over the summer - the team is really in a period of transition. 

33 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Both would be a huge loss but find the MacLean link hard to believe. He is 36 in August. If he was offered one last chance of a good pay out though who could blame him for moving. Murray just turned 30 so would have thought an offer to him was more plausible. I think Levein was an admirer too - so I think we may be seeing the last of him. Two big earners though so can we replace them with better options ? We really have fallen down on the recruitment front in the last few years. Next season is make or break on the quality of signings over the summer - the team is really in a period of transition. 

A new contract offer for Davidson could include a testimonial which might be a nice sweetener for him.

Very surprised by the Hearts link with Macca but my completely uneducated hunch is he'll still be with Saints next season for one final bow but after that will either drop down the leagues or get a coaching role somewhere.

Guest ScottMann

I think it was Levien that originally included Muzz in the Scotland squad. Daring to consider capping a St Johnstone player obviously lead to his days being numbered by the SFA.

This is a move that suits both us and the player. It pushes us to take the step forward of changing our forward line and it gives MacLean a higher pay day in his last season(s).

I'm genuinely surprised Hearts are interested as on the whole, he's nowhere near the player that he used to be. Far too many games where's he's offered very little. Chris Kane looks ready to take up that role, but with the added energy his youth brings.

MacLean has been a fantastic servant for us and one that will always be remembered forgiving 100% in every game. His contribution to our latest success has been huge. It just feels like the right time for him to move on and us to reshape our attack.

Given that this is likely to be the last contract Macca will sign before moving down the leagues or alternatively into a coaching role I think it’ll be a cracking move for him in respect of significantly improving his wages albeit I don’t know how much game time he’ll get. I’d also suspect that he may have already been told that Kane & McMillan are likely to be ahead of him in the pecking order next season.  Intelligent player, great link up play & he’ll be forever remember for his goal in the cup final. I’ll miss him but onwards and upwards. As for Muzz that would be a loss. Hopefully we can keep him but again we’d be unable to match any financial offer that Hearts could make to him

Can't blame him. We'll struggle to replace his intelligence up front, and he's our best finisher, but it'll help freshen the attack up. Kanes highlighted how important it is to have players getting in behind defences so hopefully we go down that route with the replacement