Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Was coming in to post that, absolutely no confidence in him just now and it shows. McInnes clearly has no idea how to use him though. 

Wouldn't be stunned if Aberdeen have a mini-clear out this Summer and hes one of the victims. 

Does he not have a 4 year contract?  Loan prospect?

3 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Not shure if May is confidence or the injury had taken its toll or a bit of both.

He looks about our level right now so I wouldn't be adverse to having him here for a season playing regularly and seeing if he just needs a wee Tommy hug 

Tommy might end up hugging him if del boy gets punted which i think he could be. 

7 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Was coming in to post that, absolutely no confidence in him just now and it shows. McInnes clearly has no idea how to use him though. 

Wouldn't be stunned if Aberdeen have a mini-clear out this Summer and hes one of the victims. 

Aw naw! Not Macca and Stevie to Jam Tarts.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I think it often goes unsaid - but one of Tommy's greatest attributes is his ability to bring the best out of players.  Other (more renowned) managers are often lacking in this.  Swanson and O'Halloran being good examples.

10 hours ago, Coltrane said:

I think it often goes unsaid - but one of Tommy's greatest attributes is his ability to bring the best out of players.  Other (more renowned) managers are often lacking in this.  Swanson and O'Halloran being good examples.

For Every Swanson, May & O'Halloran there is a McFadden, Sutton & Brad McKay (who all 3 on paper at the time should have been above our level)

1 hour ago, TheMarkChristie said:

For Every Swanson, May & O'Halloran there is a McFadden, Sutton & Brad McKay (who all 3 on paper at the time should have been above our level)

Why should McFadden have been "above our level"? He'd spent the previous season struggling to get games for Motherwell. Brad McKay had spent the season before in the division below ours aswell. 

Seems an odd mindset. 

On the pitch the MacLean over the past couple of years is replacable. Bigger problem will be replacing him in the dressing room.

Seems to me that quite a few of the strong characters are finding their time at Saints at an end and its that character that might be the biggest thing to replace.

Going to be an interesting summer.

TW confirms MacLean is away and they felt it was a move he couldn't refuse. 

He also name checks Shaun Struthers, Jamie Docherty and John Robertson as young strikers who'll be getting a chance, although he says Struthers is injured. 

He reckons we've had 17 injuries this season where the minimum length of recovery was 5-6 weeks

32 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Is he available for Saturday?

Registration window is passed, so Miller couldn't play until next season. 

At which point we'd have a high earning 38yo striker who scored three goals in the previous season and has played 100 minutes in six months after a serious achillies injury.. 

Edited by RandomGuy

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Registration window is passed, so Miller couldn't play until next season. 

At which point we'd have a high earning 38yo striker who scored three goals in the previous season and has played 100 minutes in six months after a serious achillies injury.. 

If he is too big for Sevco dressing room then he would probably be a more disruptive influence in ours.

Just now, Cagey said:

If he is too big for Sevco dressing room then he would probably be a more disruptive influence in ours.

Yup. His wife spent the weekend tweeting snide remarks about the manager because Miller never played, and she's done it numerous times before. Miller is a reported "source" for all Rangers stories that Keith Jackson prints. 

He's not the type of person you want at the club. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Yup. His wife spent the weekend tweeting snide remarks about the manager because Miller never played, and she's done it numerous times before. Miller is a reported "source" for all Rangers stories that Keith Jackson prints. 

He's not the type of person you want at the club. 

Dunno. If he hates Sevco, that’s a decent start.

21 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Oscar Dorleys contract with Trakai, and loan deal with Slovan Liberec, expire in June. 

I’d sign him up. Surely he’s not out our salary range but I fear any move would be rejected by Westminster’s dodgy department or work permits. Vorobjovas is surely someone we should be very keen on also. 

What about Janusevskis, was his contract not coming up soon. 

Sad to read the club confirming Mannus departure. Still one of the best keepers in the league.

Looking forward, however, it is a sensible move as I feel Clark really needs to be thought of as the number one in the long term and to get a long run of games to get his game to continue to improve.

You would imagine that also means Hurst will be the back up next season.