Player contracts and transfers

David123

23 minutes ago, Linky said:

Schalk definitely a better option to Murray. Even Sammon would be better.

Or just bring back Stephen Dobbie.

Not convinced about Sammon at all. He had a good run of games for Thistle, but ultimately he's only scored six league goals for them this season, same return as MacLean, who most people agree hasn't scored enough. 

6 minutes ago, Cagey said:

O'Halloran came on for Sevco in 92nd minute so must still be in their plans.

You think? He's made the bench twice in four months and played a minute of football. 

Worth noting that despite being the form winger of the league and proving he's a star at this level, and then getting one minute of football in four months since his return, Rangers fans are still on social media slating O'Halloran for "looking like he doesn't give a ****" 

7 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Could do with a tougher duo at CH imo.

Just a shame that Ronnie and Reggie Kray are no longer with us.

Yip as with you and cagey. 

Definitely  not convinced with Joe at centre half or even at right back. 

Not a great defender, not strong or tough enough and definitely not a captain and leader. 

If we lose macca, ando, millar & muzz them spine out of the team and think we will be saft as. Quite worried for next year, as will he hard to replace. And not a great job been done in Replacing McKay or Fraz.  But will see who we bring in. Interesting times indeed. 

Paul Coutts, midfielder at Sheffield United, out injured with a broken leg since November, has been told that, to aid his recovery, he will go back to Scotland next season on a season long loan. According to my Blades mate that is. Certainly would bring something to our midfield.........apart from his broken leg that is.

59 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Paul Coutts, midfielder at Sheffield United, out injured with a broken leg since November, has been told that, to aid his recovery, he will go back to Scotland next season on a season long loan. According to my Blades mate that is. Certainly would bring something to our midfield.........apart from his broken leg that is.

A 29 year old being sent to Scotland to aid his recovery? Why not a local league one club? I know he’s from Aberdeen but given the contrasting styles between our league and the English championship, that seems a pretty duff plan.... unless they think he’s finished and he’s trying to get a decent club up here to sign for permanently

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

I'd be stunned if that were true. He was very highly thought of before his injury, to the point there was apparently Championship interest.

Him joining us on loan would make zero sense.

6 minutes ago, tucker said:

From midge's comments in the sun wants to play next season, trying to show he still has something to offer, saints haven't made an offer as yet but would like his future decided sooner rather than later

Tommy has already decided imo.

Guest ScottMann
1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Don’t panic, Millar’s replacement is waiting in the wings!

To join us or to move centrally from the wide role he's already been playing for us?

Millar was the most composed player we had on the pitch on Saturday. Once he was subbed off we seemed to lose our shape centrally at times and big gaps appeared in the areas he was covering.

I know there is the argument that he can't last a full game, but if we could get 15 full games out of him and several appearances I'd think we'd regret letting him go for next season, especially if Davidson moves on as well.

Spoony could certainly be used more in a deeper role in the middle, but apart from that I think we will be pretty light in terms of quality in the middle of our team.

As for Joe, I prefer him at full-back. Hes decent at full back and his throw ins take pressure off us when in a defensive position and  is an attacking weapon when further up the park. Whilst he does a decent job in the centre, I'd like to see us bring in a commanding figure centrally. Someone that isn't scared to put his head on the ball. Liam Gordon could be the man if given time. If we went with a pairing of any of Kerr, Ando or Gordon in a two or a three I'd be ok with that- but some experience wouldn't be a terrible idea.

2 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Millar was the most composed player we had on the pitch on Saturday. Once he was subbed off we seemed to lose our shape centrally at times and big gaps appeared in the areas he was covering.

I know there is the argument that he can't last a full game, but if we could get 15 full games out of him and several appearances I'd think we'd regret letting him go for next season, especially if Davidson moves on as well.

Spoony could certainly be used more in a deeper role in the middle, but apart from that I think we will be pretty light in terms of quality in the middle of our team.

As for Joe, I prefer him at full-back. Hes decent at full back and his throw ins take pressure off us when in a defensive position and  is an attacking weapon when further up the park. Whilst he does a decent job in the centre, I'd like to see us bring in a commanding figure centrally. Someone that isn't scared to put his head on the ball. Liam Gordon could be the man if given time. If we went with a pairing of any of Kerr, Ando or Gordon in a two or a three I'd be ok with that- but some experience wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Agree with all except re' Spoony. He is probably our most gifted player but his lack of pace restricts him in an attacking & defensive position & I think that would be shown up in a defensive midfield role.