Player contracts and transfers

David123

17 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I'd be worried about that. County this season prove that even a good team can face relegation if they've got an awful keeper. 

Would you be comfortable with McKenzie/Hurst/untested youth keeper playing ten games a season? 

Ideally you find a Steve Banks, who'll be happy to sit on the bench and coach youngsters, and is capable of stepping in. 

I wouldn't call Ross a good team (I think they probably have the weakest squad in the league, after Hamilton), but I get what you mean.

I just wonder if we have the budget for it, when other areas are more in need. I'm not sure there's a Steve Banks type around.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I'd be worried about that. County this season prove that even a good team can face relegation if they've got an awful keeper. 

Would you be comfortable with McKenzie/Hurst/untested youth keeper playing ten games a season?  

Ross County a good team?? Surely not!!

Craig Curran? Michael Fraser? Jason Naismith?

That’s about it to be honest, in terms of players that MIGHT have got a game for us this season.

25 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Ross County a good team?? Surely not!!

Craig Curran? Michael Fraser? Jason Naismith?

That’s about it to be honest, in terms of players that MIGHT have got a game for us this season.

I'd happily take Marcus Fraser, Andrew Davies, Jason Naismith, Ross Draper, Jamie Lindsay and Alex Schalk. Probably Billy McKay too. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I'd happily take Marcus Fraser, Andrew Davies, Jason Naismith, Ross Draper, Jamie Lindsay and Alex Schalk. Probably Billy McKay too. 

Schalk or McKay are not better options than Kane or MacLean and Ross Draper is not a better option than Muzz or Millar

They are DIFFERENT options, I’ll give you that, but would they improve our starting 11 over Kane, MacLean or McMillan, I don’t think so.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

8 minutes ago, tucker said:

We won't have McLean and midge or muzz maybe so would be happy for saints to sign some of these guy's

Sorry, RandomGuy was talking about Ross County being a good team, with a bad goalkeeper “THIS SEASON”... using that as an argument for suggesting they Zander Clark as number 1 and Mark Hurst as back up would somehow render us relegation fodder.

25 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Schalk or McKay are not better options than Kane or MacLean and Ross Draper is not a better option than Muzz or Millar

They are DIFFERENT options, I’ll give you that, but would they improve our starting 11 over Kane, MacLean or McMillan, I don’t think so.

They're top flight standard players. The standard for staying up isn't "would you get in St Johnstones strongest eleven". 

Cou ty have played well, but their keepers regularly throw a goal in and they end up 1-0 behind. We all know in this league the first goal is huge. 

16 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Sorry, RandomGuy was talking about Ross County being a good team, with a bad goalkeeper “THIS SEASON”... using that as an argument for suggesting they Zander Clark as number 1 and Mark Hurst as back up would somehow render us relegation fodder.

I wouldn't place to much stock on what Random says.  He believes every team is better than Saints and has done for years, despite league tables proving this isn't true.

A couple of the County players he mentions would be decent signings for us and I would certainly like us to make Schalk an offer.  To suggest that they are where they are purely because of the standard of their keepers is just typical RandomGuy hyperbole and is best ignored.

Guest ScottMann

Thankfully they've broken the wait for the PA tradition recently but I wonder if we'll hear anything today with it being PA deadline day. Apart from one blatant wind up it's been surprisingly quiet for names from the ITK lot which suits me. That maybe adds a bit of credence to the one bit of gossip I read that the guys are from down south. 

Guest ScottMann

It's good to see an article like that updating fans on what's going on, especially about Williams. Hopefully the recent curse of the named target won't strike again though! :laugh:

One interesting thing was...'The manager has already held talks with those players he’s keen to see stay at the club'  Sounds ominous for Midge as he was saying he's heard nothing.

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Very good news for Mark Hurst though who is specifically referenced in the article. Looks like he's getting at least another year.

Not sure that Tommy looking for another keeper is good news for Hurst , apart from the fact he is getting another years wages.

39 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Not sure that Tommy looking for another keeper is good news for Hurst , apart from the fact he is getting another years wages.

Given that he's 23 in October and lost his place in the East Fife team earlier on in the season, he'll be delighted at getting another chance at a full time club. 

18 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Schalk has scored 11 goals and has 4 assists this season, close to double our leading scorer who is on a paltry 6.

17 hours ago, Linky said:

As I've said, Schalk would be a great signing. 11 goals in a poor team that is struggling is a great return.

4 hours ago, jhq said:

A couple of the County players he mentions would be decent signings for us and I would certainly like us to make Schalk an offer.

Fair enough, plenty of you seem to rate him. I assume we have had him watched, so if we don’t make him an offer I’m guessing it’s because we don’t believe he is good enough.

I reckon if you asked a handful of County fans who their first striker on the team sheet would be, Schalk would be the predominant choice and they watch him week in, week out. Just a thought! 

12 hours ago, jhq said:

I wouldn't place to much stock on what Random says.  He believes every team is better than Saints and has done for years, despite league tables proving this isn't true.

A couple of the County players he mentions would be decent signings for us and I would certainly like us to make Schalk an offer.  To suggest that they are where they are purely because of the standard of their keepers is just typical RandomGuy hyperbole and is best ignored.

He is Essence of Negativity.! His comments are anything but Random.!LAUGH OUT LOUD