Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Would it be a loan move? 

He probably sees Clark as an easier target to displace than whoever Hearts are targeting, apparently Alan McGregor. Probably a fair enough mindset tbh. 

Not seen a lot of him but from what I have seen Clark is better. He seems capable enough at this level though, which is all you need in a number two. Getting him in now would resolve the Gk issue and allow all the attention elsewhere too. 

Not a loan move according to Radio Forth

Alan McGregor has suppose to have  agreed a contract with Rangers.

29 minutes ago, Kilgour said:

Any number of Hearts fans would drive Hamilton up to Perth in a flash.Not my cup of Darjeeling and according to Radio Forth he wants to be No1.

McLaughlin WANTS to leave but no offers yet.

Yep, most of the Hearts fan I know reckoned he wasn't even good enough to have been in the Hearts team when he got called up for Scotland. 

Guest ScottMann

What was it Tommy said about Hurst recently? Folk said it showed he'd be around next season but wasn't sure it did, 

Must admit I'm surprised at the Hamilton interest but if Tommy fancies a keeper then I'm not going to argue with him. Maybe he sees enough in Hamilton that he can develop him further, the way we've improved Tanser.

Edited by ScottMann

29 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

What was it Tommy said about Hurst recently? Folk said it showed he'd be around next season but wasn't sure it did, 

Must admit I'm surprised at the Hamilton interest but if Tommy fancies a keeper then I'm not going to argue with him. Maybe he sees enough in Hamilton that he can develop him further, the way we've improved Tanser.

Quote below;

We’ve got players that we recruited this season such as David McMillan and Stefan Scougall who have missed spells through injury and will come back into the squad. Regarding the goalkeeper situation, we have Zander Clark and young Mark Hurst but we’ll look to add another ‘keeper in the summer too.

Doesn't expressly say, but I'd say that's a heavy hint that Hurst will be with us next year.

Guest ScottMann
10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Quote below;

We’ve got players that we recruited this season such as David McMillan and Stefan Scougall who have missed spells through injury and will come back into the squad. Regarding the goalkeeper situation, we have Zander Clark and young Mark Hurst but we’ll look to add another ‘keeper in the summer too.

Doesn't expressly say, but I'd say that's a heavy hint that Hurst will be with us next year.

Thanks Kyle. It does actually.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Quote below;

Do you believe all Tommy's statements. If he is keeping Hurst I don't see the need for another goalie unless he is letting McKenzie go which is quite possible.

Whilst I've never been Hamilton's biggest fan, he is a young keeper with the chance to improve. We need a new keeper and Tommy has seen enough in him that he obviously thinks that he can challenge for a place in our team. The Scotland set-up saw something in him.

40 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Anyone watched Peter Grant of Falkirk recently?

From what I have seen (agree not recently) he was an uncompromising centre back.

Age 24 and out of contract 31/05/2018.

Is he what we need?

He would be quite a good shout. He was one of Falkirks better players when I saw him playing against Utd this season. 

9 hours ago, sjfc99 said:

Tomorrow's Courier reports Ando, Muzz, Tanser and Alston all to sign new deals.

Delighted with the first three.  I think Alston can count himself very lucky if he does sign a new deal.  Hasn't done enough for me but I will be happy to eat those word if he goes on to prove me wrong this season.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Anyone watched Peter Grant of Falkirk recently?

From what I have seen (agree not recently) he was an uncompromising centre back.

Age 24 and out of contract 31/05/2018.

Is he what we need?

49 minutes ago, Jad said:

He would be quite a good shout. He was one of Falkirks better players when I saw him playing against Utd this season. 

According to the Daily Mail, via the BBC, he has been released by Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Grants also only played about 10 games this season as he’s always injured. Or maybe that’s Watson, but I’m pretty sure it’s Grant and most Falkirk fans think he’s broken. 

I'm sure he had a broken leg a season or two ago, but thought he had got over the injury.

Anyway, he has been released.

3 hours ago, jhq said:

Delighted with the first three.  I think Alston can count himself very lucky if he does sign a new deal.  Hasn't done enough for me but I will be happy to eat those word if he goes on to prove me wrong this season.

I still have high hopes for Alston although he has to step up and nail down a regular start; I'm pleased to see Ando getting another offer, we sometimes forget what an influence he has at the back even if he has lost a step in last coupe of seasons.

12 hours ago, 541ntees said:

ive never been impressed with Hamilton esp when he got a call up for Scotland at a time when Zander was playing better.

Surely this must be a loan cos we dont spend fees on players

I wonder if Tommy wants to sign players that have a good game against us .

13 hours ago, sjfc99 said:

Tomorrow's Courier reports Ando, Muzz, Tanser and Alston all to sign new deals.

Ando being resigned looks like we are not going to sign another CB & if we do then it looks like Gordon will be away.

36 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Ando being resigned looks like we are not going to sign another CB & if we do then it looks like Gordon will be away.

Yes,We now have eight first team defenders..The only defensive addition that I can see is if Comrie or/and Gordon go out on loan to a championship club.The Watson situation is a puzzle to me.I know that he has had injuries but he was our first choice signing for right back ,Foster was only signed because he got injured.He can play in both fullback positions and both right and(more relevantly)left central defence..It's highly unlikely that this will happen but giving him another year with the contract being heavily based on pay for play might not be the worst option

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee