Player contracts and transfers

David123

11 hours ago, Broon said:

No idea if it's possible but I would be delighted with a midfield 3 of Davidson, Wotherspoon and Willock next season. The more I see Willock the more I like him. Quick, strong, skilful and those legs get everywhere. I thought he was rubbish when he first came in but he's developed massively in his time here. Would he a great signing and let's face it, he's not displacing Pogba any time soon. Williams also has ability but I think Willock has more potential. Would be happy with either. 

It looks like there is a possibility of signing Williams but would think we could only get Willock on another loan. Fingers crossed as they look like players.

Agree with Willock he is improving every game, Not sure about his history but thought someone mentioned his previous loans had not worked out to well possibly why he was allowed to come up here? So if he has shown progress in his time up here it may well be that Man U let him stay for another year if he is progressing/getting better! If they release him we could not compete with others that is a fact, however maybe the Lad would take a couple of years up here if he feels this is good place to get game time and experience and feels wanted/liked by the club. this would be a big sacrifice on wages on his part as he could get double/treble what we offer and be lost in the English league's 1/2  masses of failed young talent.

The ideal scenario would be something like a 3/4 year deal a good percentage of a transfer fee to him and look to sell in two years time for maximum value, winners all round we get a name for giving these type of players a chance to play and improve their talents, and others like him will want to try it.

There is always the argument we have seen others who have come up who were gash etc, but I am not sure many have had Willock Pedigree to be honest, maybe Abeid?  I think he has better potential than Darnell Fisher had and he is carving out a reasonable career in the championship just now.

Fingers crossed,                  

Guest ScottMann

Massive wage drop or not Williams and Willock will obviously be knocking Steve's door down to get to stay in Scottish football next season because Steve Gerrard is the new Rangers manager. :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

TW in the paper saying that  we've got a wide player signed up now.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstone-prepared-fill-void-12495416

"I've got a wide player signed already and have got to look at other options we've got.

"If I end up signing a wide player I think can end up playing through the middle I might not sign another striker, but we are working in the background to get targets in and we do want to strengthen.

"This season has brought a lot of young players to the fore and the age of the squad will be down next year which is important, and with the changing of the guard there will be others coming in."

January loan signings George Williams and Matty Willock have started to make a positive impression at McDiarmid Park and Wright has hinted that he will be interested at looking at bringing the pair back next season, with Williams' contract with Fulham set to expire in the summer.

"There are targets that we have," he said. "Some of those players are out of contract or players on loan, we are looking at and that is the overall picture.

"I have to see what is best for the squad and certainly there are players here I will want to keep."

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

It's been rumoured for months. 

Regardless, we're not signing him. 

Oh well that's me told. You should really be a sports reporter with all your inside knowledge. 

Some of us that don't have your in depth knowledge can but hope.:laugh:

Guest ScottMann
6 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Can those in the know let us not in the know, know what they know because it’s getting a bit silly as they know what we don’t know 

thanks 

No.

15 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Oh well that's me told. You should really be a sports reporter with all your inside knowledge. 

I don't think you need to be remotely ITK to be aware we're not signing David Templeton 

19 minutes ago, mainstand said:

We're not signing him, it's common knowledge who the 2 players TW was speaking  to about pre contracts are, it's one of them.

On 05/05/2018 at 5:46 PM, Templar Saint said:

There is a number 9 who scored a hat trick today and who has signed a pre contract with Hearts so here is a message for him and Stevie Brown.

"Come on Macca dae a Richard Britian and tell Hearts you are staying at Saints cos the wife does not want you to be nearer home and getting under her feet"

Stevie offer Hearts a Mini Bus - sure our sponsor could find a cheap one"

Perhaps the peebles saints could have a word with Macca :laugh::laugh:

Although I met him in The Crown on Saturday night by the time he came in I was in no fit state to have a word with anyone :laugh::laugh:

20180505_234948.jpg

Edited by ejksjfc
add photo

People who think they know or suggest they have an inside knowledge of what's going in are full of crap ...

I love it when i hear I've been asked by StJohnstone to tell you this and that Bull shit.. Only people that know are Brown and Wright so till is's been stated ignore the so called Know All's ...

However does anybody know anything