Player contracts and transfers

David123

11 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Maybe. Bales a one off specimen, and probably the reason everyone seems to assume its a natural move though. I think Tanser would struggle when hes forced to take balls in with his back to goal, when he's forced infield, when hes up against a full back who's quicker than him and he has to rely on something more than pace. Half his crosses come from a deeper position, that vanishes when you're the out and out winger. 

No doubt I'm wrong, though. 

All your points could well be right, but I would of liked to see him get the chance in that position at the end of the season. I actually think having a winger that doesn't necessarily need to beat his man and can cross a brilliant ball in from deep could well be a good thing at times. Does the opposition full-back find himself in a position where he has to press further forward and thus leaves gaps behind him for our left back to overlap into or a striker to come across into?

Looks like Tommy agrees with your opinion though and its very unlikely we will ever find out if Tanser could play that role.

8 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

I don't think Foster or Comrie will be our starting right back next season. I think we'll look to bring someone a bit more reliable than either of them. 

I  did say that I think that Comrie will go out on loan.I can't see another right back coming in when Foster still has a year left on his contract plus we have Joe and Wright can also play as a wing back.

26 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I  did say that I think that Comrie will go out on loan.I can't see another right back coming in when Foster still has a year left on his contract plus we have Joe and Wright can also play as a wing back.

I think that's right. Aaron away for a year to get some games. Try and get Foster out and a steadier right back in.

Good news re Ando and Mark. Slightly surprised that it was a two year deal for Ando. Unfortunately Ben McKenzie has been released not sure how that leaves us with goalies now especially if Sinclair gets anything from his Liverpool trial. I presume we are looking a bringing in an older experienced keeper as back up.

Guest ScottMann
3 hours ago, jhq said:

Aye, a goalscorer should be avoided at all costs.

Avoided by all of the Premiership again by the look of it too. He's only scored for Allan Johnston in the lower leagues. No sleep being lost over him trying again to score in the Championship without him. 

12 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

Avoided by all of the Premiership again by the look of it too. He's only scored for Allan Johnston in the lower leagues. No sleep being lost over him trying again to score in the Championship without him. 

Cue the Clark hat trick against us in the league cup...

3 hours ago, jhq said:

Aye, a goalscorer should be avoided at all costs.

He scored 21 goals this season. 13 were against part time/amateur/junior sides. With the greatest respect to these clubs, are those goals relevant to us at all? 

Ignore them and ask yourself if eight goals in a Championship season is that good a return for a 26yo striker? 

For reference he played in 28 games against full time teams this season, at Championship level, and got 8 goals. Means he averages a goal every three or so matches. 

Edited by RandomGuy

Guest ScottMann
2 minutes ago, cristo said:

Cue the Clark hat trick against us in the league cup...

Aye, he may well raise his game playing against a big team from the big league. :laugh:

On 23/05/2018 at 12:16 PM, Linky said:

I think Foster will be first choice.

Key positions to fill are left wing, centre back & centre midfield. I think Tommy is looking for a striker over a centre back though unfortunately.

Why do you think centre back?

Do you mean to sign an experienced starter that would displace Anderson, Shaughnessy, Kerr or Gordon? 

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Why do you think centre back?

Do you mean to sign an experienced starter that would displace Anderson, Shaughnessy, Kerr or Gordon? 

I think if we're likely to be playing 3 at the back, with wing backs regularly then an experienced starter is needed. Anderson has looked shaky this season, it might be a season too far for him. Anthony O'Connor has been released by Aberdeen, can play in defence & midfield.