Player contracts and transfers

David123

41 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

Lawless is an out and out left winger

Just in case my memory deceived me I had a look at numerous you tube clips & have yet to see him out wide.

Now I know its not the full picture but I would have thought we would have seen him out wide in at least one clip.

Guest ScottMann

Tommy'll be on to his mate at Liverpool first thing in the morning. Young Scottish Robertson's are in favour there at the moment which'll help.

16 hours ago, Linky said:

If Lawless is coming he will be the left winger.

I fail to see the problem with signing players who can’t get in the Aberdeen first team (like Tansey for example). They came 2nd, we came 8th of course we’re going to look for cast offs from the bigger teams.

My concern is that Tansey only played 3 games whilst on loan to Ross.

He’d be an either/or with regard to Lawless, we can’t have both.

Doolan is staying. I’m not sure Storey is good enough. I thought going to Partick and starting regularly would be the making of him, but obviously not.

I’ve never thought much of Osman or Edwards really.

Why not?

5 minutes ago, Linky said:

Why would you waste the budget on 2 wingers, when we’re in desperate need of a centre midfielder. This is the key position to fill that could make or break our season I think.

Thought Tansey was a more central player tbh.

58 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Paul Hartley situation springs to mind here, !

It's not even close to that, or Millar. Lawless is a winger. 

51 minutes ago, jhq said:

Thought Tansey was a more central player tbh.

He is. 

Absolutely bizarre so many folk have such strong opinions on player yet have absolutely no idea what position they play or what type of player they are. 

Lawless is a 5ft winger who's never played central. Tansey is a pace less central player who's never played wide. 

Some midfield we'd have based on this site though. Scougall and Lawless sitting deep in the middle, with Tanser and Tansey on the wings, probably providing crosses for Lee Wallace. 

Edited by RandomGuy

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

It's not even close to that, or Millar. Lawless is a winger. 

He is. 

Absolutely bizarre so many folk have such strong opinions on player yet have absolutely no idea what position they play or what type of player they are. 

Lawless is a 5ft winger who's never played central. Tansey is a pace less central player who's never played wide. 

Some midfield we'd have based on this site though. Scougall and Lawless sitting deep in the middle, with Tanser and Tansey on the wings, probably providing crosses for Lee Wallace. 

Paul Hartley was a winger who is 5ft 9in tall and was converted into a Scotland Internationalist midfielder by (I think) Billy Stark!

Lawless is 5ft 7in and a winger he maybe could be converted to a midfielder by someone ( mabey even St johnstone if he is ever actually signed by us)?

What then is so different or even not close being different???   

1 hour ago, bankfoot saint said:

Jack Hamilton joins Dundee so definitely not coming to us 

To be honest think Zander is the better keeper better getting an experienced keeper such as Cammy bell type bring the younger lads on same as mannus in my opinion

27 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Tommy came out about a month ago and said that we never had any interest in signing Jack Hamilton and was bemused to where the rumours came from.

Zander is far better imo.

15 minutes ago, jhq said:

Saints never offered any deal.

Ah never knew that.

His agent must have just been playing McCann

26 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Tommy came out about a month ago and said that we never had any interest in signing Jack Hamilton and was bemused to where the rumours came from.

Zander is far better imo.

It’ll have been his agent making folk aware that was available. Zander is better, but possibly ‘suffered’ from being in and out of the team this season and last. If not then, I think he’d be in Peru right now. I’d expect that he is the outright no.1 now he’ll kick on a level. Would hope he doesn’t relax in the knowledge that none of the other keepers are anywhere near his level yet.

Expect a few moves in the league now that players start returning from holidays. Maybe a few on their way out of Aberdeen shortly....

4 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

It’ll have been his agent making folk aware that was available. Zander is better, but possibly ‘suffered’ from being in and out of the team this season and last. If not then, I think he’d be in Peru right now. I’d expect that he is the outright no.1 now he’ll kick on a level. Would hope he doesn’t relax in the knowledge that none of the other keepers are anywhere near his level yet.

Expect a few moves in the league now that players start returning from holidays. Maybe a few on their way out of Aberdeen shortly....

No chance he would be in Peru he plays for saints. As usual They take a player who played a couple games for Celtic instead of the far better goalie.