Player contracts and transfers

David123

On 24/05/2018 at 9:47 PM, Linky said:

I think if we're likely to be playing 3 at the back, with wing backs regularly then an experienced starter is needed. Anderson has looked shaky this season, it might be a season too far for him. Anthony O'Connor has been released by Aberdeen, can play in defence & midfield.

Young Jason Kerr keeps a clean sheet against the French for the U-21, he is the future until we sell him, no need to waste wages on a centre half. The future is bright!

25 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Reported that Jody Morris will become assistant manage rto Frank Lampard at Derby County.

If that is the case surely a means of getting some decent loan players if they have any??

Doesn't look like Chelsea had any.

10 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

Former players for this nonsense

Other forum for that nonsense!

Former player who is likely still in contract until the end of the month! Also one in particular that the majority of fans would have liked to stay and therefore will want to see fixed up somewhere as soon as possible.

Aside from that, he is also in the middle of his testimonial year with a game to come next month! Deserves a lot more respect than that!

3 hours ago, tucker said:

United and Morton interested in midge, great player should of kept for another season good luck whatever team gets an outstanding player

I think he was good but he is not outstanding and had he been outstanding and had more goals in his armoury then he would have been a target for bigger teams years ago.

13 minutes ago, shiresaint said:

Other forum for that nonsense!

Former player who is likely still in contract until the end of the month! Also one in particular that the majority of fans would have liked to stay and therefore will want to see fixed up somewhere as soon as possible.

Aside from that, he is also in the middle of his testimonial year with a game to come next month! Deserves a lot more respect than that!

Contracts expire on 31/05 - Nice bite through

I have thought for some time now that there must be a bit of a personality clash between Midge and TW.I reckon that Midge rubs him up the wrong way..I also wonder if that's(part of) the reason Jamie Docharty did not get a new contract as all the other U20's list him as the biggest joker in their squad..Perhaps Tommy  just doesn't like people who don't take things seriously..This is of course just speculation I could be way of the mark 

36 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I have thought for some time now that there must be a bit of a personality clash between Midge and TW.I reckon that Midge rubs him up the wrong way..I also wonder if that's(part of) the reason Jamie Docharty did not get a new contract as all the other U20's list him as the biggest joker in their squad..Perhaps Tommy  just doesn't like people who don't take things seriously..This is of course just speculation I could be way of the mark 

I don't think that's the case I feel Midge has certainly not been up to scratch and TW wants to release some money and bring in a more youthful long term prospect. Midge has had an excellent run and job security at Saints and that's down to the management showing faith.

The end will always come for everyone and now is Midge's end at Saints..

44 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

Love for midge. Great. Nobody remember he was happy to feck off to the other side of the world then come back with the tail between the legs for a new contract. 

Hes been great but we need younger faster players in central midfield. 

Probably because he gave us 10 years of service during the most successful period in our entire history. He came back and signed the contract on the first day of pre-season and, if rumours are true, turned down more lucrative offers elsewhere in Scotland to do so. For all intents and purposes, he was on a 4 week unpaid holiday.

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Probably because he gave us 10 years of service during the most successful period in our entire history. He came back and signed the contract on the first day of pre-season and, if rumours are true, turned down more lucrative offers elsewhere in Scotland to do so. For all intents and purposes, he was on a 4 week unpaid holiday.

There was plenty written at the time about him going abroad. 

He talks here about the security that his last deal at saints brought him which would suggest it was the best offer on the table.

Let's face it he never stayed with saints out of the goodness of his heart. He was getting well paid and had the lucrative pot of gold that is a testimonial dangled in front of him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/saints-star-chris-millar-life-4993941.amp

1 hour ago, St Mikey said:

Love for midge. Great. Nobody remember he was happy to feck off to the other side of the world then come back with the tail between the legs for a new contract. 

Seriously, so what? Murray Davidson did something very similar. And Liam Craig, too. To hold it against a person (years after it happened) just because they actually considered moving to a different employer because it felt like it might be right for them at the time is just petty in the extreme. Do you think that people play for Saints because it's their childhood dream?

Chris Millar has been a fantastic footballer for Saints and has contributed a huge amount to our most successful ever team. That's good enough for me.