Player contracts and transfers

David123

On 31/05/2018 at 4:17 PM, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Young Jason Kerr keeps a clean sheet against the French for the U-21, he is the future until we sell him, no need to waste wages on a centre half. The future is bright!

Playing again today. One of only 3 players to play in all 4 games.

Edited by Cagey
Sorry 5 games.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Once they are made you launch it. What else do you expect?

Because they are contracted with another club until the end of June or they want to parade the player at the signing but the player is abroad on holiday. Just 2 possibilities.

Would make sense if clubs gave contracts to the end of June though, but most clubs are like saints and give contracts to the end of the season to avoid paying more wages than they need to. The player being on holiday makes more sense, but still, if we’ve signed a player and they are not actually here, I still don’t see why you wouldn’t announce it and follow up with the pictures etc at a later date?

More likely, we’ve singed no one yet other than Wright, although I’m sure they will be working on plenty of potential deals.

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

Would make sense if clubs gave contracts to the end of June though, but most clubs are like saints and give contracts to the end of the season to avoid paying more wages than they need to. The player being on holiday makes more sense, but still, if we’ve signed a player and they are not actually here, I still don’t see why you wouldn’t announce it and follow up with the pictures etc at a later date?

More likely, we’ve singed no one yet other than Wright, although I’m sure they will be working on plenty of potential deals.

Or playing for the under-21’s in France

Guest ScottMann
8 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I think ther are on about Drey 

Drey's been announced though. I was picking up from a couple of threads that we'd maybe signed another winger but there was a reason we haven't announced it yet,  RBB's post above the biggest hint or guess so far. 

Guest ScottMann
2 hours ago, Stumpy1966 said:

There is nothing worse at this time of the year to go into the “the players transfer & contract” site to discover another comment regarding the colour of our new strip. Should this not be discussed in the “ kit supplier” site.

Not quite true. Going in and reading we'd signed Conor Sammon or Simon Murray would be one hell of a lot worse!

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, TheYellowBox said:

Notice Cammy Bell signing for Partick at the end of June, when his contract at Hibs ends.

I don't think there is a hard and fast rule about when contracts end, some clubs have them to end of May and some to end of June.

14 hours ago, Stumpy1966 said:

There is nothing worse at this time of the year to go into the “the players transfer & contract” site to discover another comment regarding the colour of our new strip. Should this not be discussed in the “ kit supplier” site.

Agreed - the conversation about the kit has now been moved into the kit supplier thread:

We can't compete with Forest Green, give it a Google and you'll find they've made a combined loss of over £7m in the past three seasons. Theyre just an even richer Ross County. 

Worry has to be that TW seemed to have him highlighted as someone he wanted. So there's every chance we've not made any moves for others while we wait on his decision. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We can't compete with Forest iGreen, give it a Google and you'll find they've made a combined loss of over £7m in the past three seasons. Theyre just an even richer Ross County. 

Worry has to be that TW seemed to have him highlighted as someone he wanted. So there's every chance we've not made any moves for others while we wait on his decision. 

I used to work by there this is dire Gavin gunning is at forest green also prefer to play in the 2nd division

54 minutes ago, tucker said:

As per normal saints keep quiet on players they are interested in,let's get some excitement in the season to come,bet normal guys linked Swanson etc and will buy players like coulson quality

Think we need to be quiet. Any noise and another team will come sniffing with higher wages.  Any target needs to be convinced  by the manager and the club, and take the wage offerred. However players simply play for cash these days, and if we only offer 1 year deals then not so attractive.