Player contracts and transfers

David123

Clark/Hurst

Foster/Comrie  Joe/Ando    Kerr/Gordon    Easton /Tanser.

Wright/Alston.  Miuzz/McClean.  Scougall/McCann.  Spoony/Craig

Kane/Henry.    McMillan/Hurst.

We have cover in every position plus a few youngsters.

Perhaps there may not be any movement on transfer front because the chairman doesn't want to spend .

53 minutes ago, jhq said:

Becoming boring now Cagey.

That's what my mates say but I just thought they were joking.

Love the Browns. We wouldn't have a club without them.

Wasn't criticising Steve,just surmising that he may think we have a decent squad. I think this squad could keep us in premiership but we need a winger with pace & a good holding midfielder to get in top 6.

Also OS & this site dead so was hoping to stimulate discussion.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, mainstand said:

Are you saying they never made him an offer or never spoke to his agent and him?

He does say on his interview that I saw that he ahd other offers form Clubs but decided Forest Green was the ideal choice after meeting the manager and chairman.

Yes.

18 hours ago, Cagey said:

Clark/Hurst

Foster/Comrie  Joe/Ando    Kerr/Gordon    Easton /Tanser.

Wright/Alston.  Miuzz/McClean.  Scougall/McCann.  Spoony/Craig

Kane/Henry.    McMillan/Hurst.

We have cover in every position plus a few youngsters.

Perhaps there may not be any movement on transfer front because the chairman doesn't want to spend .

Tin hit on, but the two Hursts, Comrie and McLean haven't suggested anything to show they could play at this level week in week out upon injuries. 

46 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

No tin hat required but everyone would (did) say the same about Tanser last year.

Not me I always thought he had something in his game..Greg Hurst in particular is a strange one He' now 21 with a couple of indifferent/unsuccessful loan periods with lower league clubs..After failing to gain a regular starting place with Forfar in league 1 I just can't see him a place for him here..At best he will be fifth choice striker 

2 hours ago, Stumpy1966 said:

No tin hat required but everyone would (did) say the same about Tanser last year.

Very true, I thought he was a soft wee shitebag. Same with Fisher, who literally had me laughing at his performances early on. 

I can see why TW likes Comrie/Greg Hurst. I just don't think having them sitting on the bench and playing the odd game here and there is going to help them improve enough to be regulars, so I would rather we loaned them out and brought in players who could actually compete for a starting role instead. 

Think perhaps whilst we are looking at young players as looking to develop them, Tommy may see them as capable squad players on very low wages. Rather than loaning them out and bringing it slightly better more experienced players on 3x the wage he’d rather keep them for a few years as capable back ups 

9 hours ago, David123 said:

Think perhaps whilst we are looking at young players as looking to develop them, Tommy may see them as capable squad players on very low wages. Rather than loaning them out and bringing it slightly better more experienced players on 3x the wage he’d rather keep them for a few years as capable back ups 

Would rather have the young guys in the squad than bringing in the likes of Iwilumu, Morgan,Gormly , Hart & many others that sat on bench or in the stand picking up a wage.

4 hours ago, bankfoot saint said:

MOH signs for Melbourne city according to our unofficial twitter

I thought it was just paper talk as the boy was home sick and didn't settle when he was in Bolton so will be interesting to see how he gets on down under. 

Suspect he will be back in Scotland sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Garry Gow, 99/00 was apparently the last number 13.

Cant remember any announcement about the number two being retired. 

Seem to remember something said when he retired. Nothing I can trace and thought it strange at the time because of others.ie do you retire 7? No obviously not.