Player contracts and transfers

David123

I'm not completely unconvinced that poster on P&B isn't his agent, he's had a peculiar posting history which looks like he's trying to create some fan pressure towards the club, as if he thinks it'll help his negotiating position. 

Edited by RandomGuy

From the unoficial twitter

TW: "As things stand we are not in a position to make any signings so I've had to tell the trialists that. It was only fair to tell them the situation. Things possibly may not be dead but right now we have to wait."

Looks like we have spunked the budget on Watt. 

If so its not looking such a good signing, however it may well be 'politics' 

9 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I disagree, we might be a bit short our wide, but we were desperately short of ability up top with the departure of Macca. 

I’d rather play a young player or two and have that bit of magic up front.

I think it's just a weird way it's been said tbh. My take on it is he's not saying the budgets gone, just that we can't spend the budget on second choice targets because we still have first choice targets available. 

1 minute ago, Pat McGroin said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try and play the loan market for a player or two. Would happily take Willock back. 

He's seemingly the main central target. Also quotes suggesting TW sees a left winger as a priority position too, assume he's confident of getting someone if he's allowed Driver to go without an offer. 

I can understand sending Njo-Lea back with Watt signing. With the LB, perhaps Wright is thinking that when Easton is fit there is no point in having three players fighting for that position. With the goalie, it might come down to finances and prefering to spend that wage elsewhere rather than a guy who you would expect would be on the bench most times.

There is a lot placed on Watt....hopefully he has now knuckled down....or he's another Riordan.

4 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

From the unoficial twitter

TW: "As things stand we are not in a position to make any signings so I've had to tell the trialists that. It was only fair to tell them the situation. Things possibly may not be dead but right now we have to wait."

Looks like we have spunked the budget on Watt. 

If so its not looking such a good signing, however it may well be 'politics' 

Can't be arsed  checking but there has been 5 or 6 plus 2 loaners out the door & 2 in . Don't think Watt would take up all these wages as he was a player looking for a club after not playing for 11 months.

3 hours ago, MrBored said:

I can understand sending Njo-Lea back with Watt signing. With the LB, perhaps Wright is thinking that when Easton is fit there is no point in having three players fighting for that position. With the goalie, it might come down to finances and prefering to spend that wage elsewhere rather than a guy who you would expect would be on the bench most times.

There is a lot placed on Watt....hopefully he has now knuckled down....or he's another Riordan.

Not convinced we will see Easton for a while if at all. Played very few games last season & was poor the season before which may have been down to carrying the injury.