Player contracts and transfers

David123

Centre of the park is a huge concern. If we do plan of playing more passes this season, then we'll only be as good as the player in the middle dictating it. Wotherspoon couldn't cope with East Fifes pressing so god knows what he'll be like in the top flight, and Scougall completely vanished after half an hour. 

10 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I highly doubt it. They were camped in their own half and not trying to get up the pitch. 

Need to remember we’re only mid July. 

And yet East Fife had the best chance in the match, very odd. They sat in but attacked when they had the chance, and were still storming about at the end. Pawn this off as a friendly all you want, but the warning signs are there, and I hope the manager takes them more seriously. 

We had a ton of great chances but just didn’t get the rub of the green in the box. Always bouncing off a defender or just not falling but I’m more than happy to put that, and a lot of the really slack passes and stuff, down to us being non match sharp. 

Same deal in seasons gone by against Alaskert and stuff at this stage, that’s a team we’d have beaten a month further down the line. 

Despite not scoring, I feel pretty positive about what I saw today in the most part. 

3 hours ago, Center Half said:

I assume Liam Craig is merely taking up a position just now until we sign the Left sided player, then Liam can sit in the stand and watch the game go on around him!   

Steven Lawless still a free agent as far as I know.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

And yet East Fife had the best chance in the match, very odd. They sat in but attacked when they had the chance, and were still storming about at the end. Pawn this off as a friendly all you want, but the warning signs are there, and I hope the manager takes them more seriously. 

July 14th 

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

July 14th 

Yes, and we started pre-season on 25th of June, with the league starting 4th of August. We're pretty much exactly halfway through the warm up. 

Rustiness will play a part, but to flat out ignore the clear problems the team has, that showed all last season, and still existed today, because you think it's "too early" seems bizarre. We're still crying out for a left winger and a Millar replacement. 

9 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Yes, and we started pre-season on 25th of June, with the league starting 4th of August. We're pretty much exactly halfway through the warm up. 

Rustiness will play a part, but to flat out ignore the clear problems the team has, that showed all last season, and still existed today, because you think it's "too early" seems bizarre. We're still crying out for a left winger and a Millar replacement. 

I'm not ignoring them. I'm just not greeting like a bairn about them 

We have always been slow starters 

We need a left winger  and a Central Mid .all will be good .yeah@ Happy Clapper. Com 

12 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Ffs random change the record.

Every game that is not a convincing win sees the same old claptrap getting rolled out. Step back from sharp objects and lie down in a dark room.

It is the first competitive match where they played more football and passing than they did in most games last season and yesterday dominated for 90 percent of the match. .

As for the millar comment god move on he is away end of. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Ffs random change the record.

Every game that is not a convincing win sees the same old claptrap getting rolled out. Step back from sharp objects and lie down in a dark room.

It is the first competitive match where they played more football and passing than they did in most games last season and yesterday dominated for 90 percent of the match. .

As for the millar comment god move on he is away end of. 

Sense at last