Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann
26 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm pretty confident we'll bring in one or two by the end of the transfer window, but not sure about doing it in time for the first league game. I think we'll end up with a couple of loan signings similar to when we signed Williams and Willock.

What I find unusual about Saints' approach to signing is that we fairly regularly seem to get into these situations where we have players openly targeted, and sometimes even on trial, and yet then suddenly the manager says he can't sign anyone. Does Tommy not know what the budget is? What has changed, or is expected to change, that meant we could sign these players, then couldn't, but the expectation is that we soon will be able to again? If it's the Watt signing, surely Tommy would have been told "if we meet this guy's demands then we might not be able to bring anyone else in" and then it would be Tommy's call on whether or not to proceed with that? Just feels a little like the left arm doesn't know what the right arm's doing at times.

I agree to an extent but then I've also come to realise that I don't really believe a word Tommy says in the media about transfers. I'm sure he's just using them for whatever reason and of course that's part of the game these days although it's frustrating for fans. If we were actually mucking players around with trials, as could be taken from what we hear, then I expect agents and players would be avoiding coming here unless they had no other choice. I'm sure come the end of the window Tommy 'would have liked another couple of players but is very happy with the squad he has'!

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'm pretty confident we'll bring in one or two by the end of the transfer window, but not sure about doing it in time for the first league game. I think we'll end up with a couple of loan signings similar to when we signed Williams and Willock.

What I find unusual about Saints' approach to signing is that we fairly regularly seem to get into these situations where we have players openly targeted, and sometimes even on trial, and yet then suddenly the manager says he can't sign anyone. Does Tommy not know what the budget is? What has changed, or is expected to change, that meant we could sign these players, then couldn't, but the expectation is that we soon will be able to again? If it's the Watt signing, surely Tommy would have been told "if we meet this guy's demands then we might not be able to bring anyone else in" and then it would be Tommy's call on whether or not to proceed with that? Just feels a little like the left arm doesn't know what the right arm's doing at times.

I’m not sure if it’s that we weren’t in a position to offer them deals, but maybe that he thought the money would be better spent elsewhere? If you read the wording, it’s quite crafty. 

18 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I’m not sure if it’s that we weren’t in a position to offer them deals, but maybe that he thought the money would be better spent elsewhere? If you read the wording, it’s quite crafty. 

Lyness on trial with Dons.

Also ,guy touted to come to us, Rooney is going to Salford.

I don't know why the Don's are getting shot of Rooney still scores plenty and great hold up play, think may will struggle to play week in week out after his injuries,lack of ambition on Rooney part could of went to a bigger club level that Salford

34 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Some of the posters on here or P&B. Touted maybe the wrong word. Wished more like it.

Half you boys slag off RandomGuy for talking shite, then regurgitate said shite at a later date. 

If anyone sees Tommy, ask him please,  he's the only **** I'll believe.

56 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Half you boys slag off RandomGuy for talking shite, then regurgitate said shite at a later date. 

If anyone sees Tommy, ask him please,  he's the only **** I'll believe.

No idea. Random has a scattergun approach. He is bound to hit the target once.

WILD SPECULATION KLAXON

Greg Docherty has been told he can leave Rangers on loan, we clearly need CM reinforcements and we can't be accused of not helping O'Halloran when he was loaned from them. 

He's still not a playmaker type midfielder, but would be a clear improvement on what's in there beside Muzz at the moment. 

Edited by RandomGuy

On 15/07/2018 at 9:55 AM, THE LARK SAINT said:

I'm not ignoring them. I'm just not greeting like a bairn about them 

We have always been slow starters 

We need a left winger  and a Central Mid .all will be good .yeah@ Happy Clapper. Com 

And so it happens.Matty Kennedy Left winger! Who'd of thought it? Oh I did LAUGH OUT LOUD!

7 hours ago, bankfoot saint said:

Looks not too bad 

Looks to be a right footed player playing on the left, as is quite popular these days. Gives us the threat of him cutting inside for a shot/cross, or Tanser going outside on the overlap for the left footed cross.

With Foster and Wright showing signs of a partnership forming on the right, lets hope we can be a threat down both flanks and provide plenty service to the strikers.

On paper, a very good signing for us. The club have done really well so far this summer. Agree with earlier comments, a quality centre mid and I'm delighted with our transfer activity.

9 hours ago, bankfoot saint said:

Got to love this from saints how many times have we signed a player and absolutely nothing not a whisper has leaked before the player signs must be one of the few clubs in the country able to do this even if it drives the supporters nuts 

This is a name most folk knew about a few months ago.

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch
Bloody auto correct