Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 minute ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

This is a name most folk knew about a few months ago.

Ahhhhh but we who weren’t in the know didn’t know. Point I was trying to make was that most of our signings seem to be kept quiet until they were actually made and don’t appear in the press before they are made

10 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Ahhhhh but we who weren’t in the know didn’t know. Point I was trying to make was that most of our signings seem to be kept quiet until they were actually made and don’t appear in the press before they are made

I actually thought he had passed us by because it was that long ago. He will be a great signing for Saints.

Guest ScottMann
2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Young boy signs on loan and within hours there's panic we're selling folk and facing fines :lol:

Sounds OTT. Where was this?

2 hours ago, jhq said:

Wonder if we could get Scott Allan on loan from Celtic?  Be a decent move I think.

Where would you play him? I think we are really well covered in those three attacking midfield positions, so much so that the manager is trying to reinvent guys like Wotherspoon and Alston.

1 hour ago, Radford 72 said:

Where would you play him? I think we are really well covered in those three attacking midfield positions, so much so that the manager is trying to reinvent guys like Wotherspoon and Alston.

I think Allan is more than capable of playing a deeper role. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Do we need another "number ten"? 

As said above I believe he could play a deeper role.  He is a good passer of the ball who isn't afraid to hold on to it when needed. I realise he I seen more as a  attacking midfielder but so was Midge when he came to Saints. 

In an ideal world we would sign a Midge clone permanently,  but in the absence of such a player,  Allan might be worth a shout (if he is available).

3 hours ago, jhq said:

As said above I believe he could play a deeper role.  He is a good passer of the ball who isn't afraid to hold on to it when needed. I realise he I seen more as a  attacking midfielder but so was Midge when he came to Saints. 

In an ideal world we would sign a Midge clone permanently,  but in the absence of such a player,  Allan might be worth a shout (if he is available).

Not a bad shout.  I understand from a Parkhead ST holder that we are in the Timothy's good books at the moment having provided helpful information about playing in Alashkert.  Given Allan's likely wages we would need a generous loan deal.

51 minutes ago, tucker said:

Daily record reporting Matty willock will be signing for saints this afternoon,st mirren, season long loan, think Tommy was keen to get the lad back, would imagine we are still after a central midfielder,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44982006

Stubbs seems fairly certain he will be getting him.

Sure RandomGuy could quote himself when he said this would no doubt play out this way.

1 hour ago, tucker said:

Daily record reporting Matty willock will be signing for saints this afternoon,st mirren, season long loan, think Tommy was keen to get the lad back, would imagine we are still after a central midfielder,

I quite liked him but he's not the "missing link" for us now. Hopefully we're holding out for someone in that last key position.