Player contracts and transfers

David123

10 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

SB is no mug... if we didn't freshen up the squad.... relegation.  I think Scougall will benefit from Swanson.  I reckon 6/5th now. Young squad,  so we'll  get some weird results. Good wins/ bad losses. For once I'm happy with the break. Time for players to settle in. Exciting times...

Just on the point...I can't see a formation where Scougall and Swanson get much game time together. Can only see one or t'other in the same team..unless we get a few injuries to Watt, Jackson etc.

17 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Just on the point...I can't see a formation where Scougall and Swanson get much game time together. Can only see one or t'other in the same team..unless we get a few injuries to Watt, Jackson etc.

Jackson. Wow we have had a busy transfer market.

It will us the opportunity to rotate the team without weakening. Will keep players fresh and should lead to better performances. Also the competition for a starting place is healthy and something we have lacked for a long time. We have generally had a decent starting 11 but our bench was weak and never had anyone who could come on and impact the game. We now have that option. Saturdays bench looked very strong

3 hours ago, ss75990 said:

It will us the opportunity to rotate the team without weakening. Will keep players fresh and should lead to better performances. Also the competition for a starting place is healthy and something we have lacked for a long time. We have generally had a decent starting 11 but our bench was weak and never had anyone who could come on and impact the game. We now have that option. Saturdays bench looked very strong

As long as they don’t all come on and make the impact that Spoony made.:laugh:

On 06/09/2018 at 11:33 AM, 541ntees said:

Hendry and Jackson could be a great partnership in that league.

Arbroath put together a 14 minutes highlight package from home games!! I think Montrose, Forfar, Falkirk and East Fife all did something like that as well during the league cup group stage against us.

Are we the only club in Scotland that does no highlights whatsoever for our own fans?

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Hendry and Jackson could be a great partnership in that league.

Arbroath put together a 14 minutes highlight package from home games!! I think Montrose, Forfar, Falkirk and East Fife all did something like that as well during the league cup group stage against us.

Are we the only club in Scotland that does no highlights whatsoever for our own fans?

we get highlights of our games on sportscene . for lower league sides thats the only way theyll get to see their teams on screen

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Be interesting today if watt is out if scougall makes the bench 

My thoughts are that as we havnt seen him on the bench for a few weeks & no word of injury,we have seen the last of Scougall in a Saints strip.

I think he will be away in january but not sure what will happen til then.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

So if the Scougall disappearance is down to a fall out rather than him just preferring other players for the bench, then that's disappointing he's keeping it going.

Although Tommy has said this and we have no real reason to doubt him, you just have to look at the Chris Millar situation to see flaws in what he says.

4 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Although Tommy has said this and we have no real reason to doubt him, you just have to look at the Chris Millar situation to see flaws in what he says.

Aye that was the one I was thinking about when I read his comments a few days after the Aberdeen game.

But then Tommy said last season he felt he was unfairly portrayed as the villain over the Midge situation, so maybe rumours and second hand info are misleading.. who knows!

13 minutes ago, Scott1884 said:

Scougall will probably be leaving in the next window unfortunately.

Why do say “unfortunately”?

He’s has more than a season to stake a claim for bring our main man but he’s done very little to make me think he earns another shot. 

I’m as disappointed as anyone about that. 

2 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

He’s has more than a season to stake a claim for bring our main man but he’s done very little to make me think he earns another shot. 

Aye

2 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

He has only had a couple of half games in his own position.

Look at how Alston has done recently getting a run of games in his best position.

On 8/22/2018 at 3:17 PM, RandomGuy said:

I don't know if they are. My point is if they've signed Coulibaly and not realised they'll have to pay £1.2m, the Weirs will likely step in, as they haven't been shy of spending millions on things Thistle need in the past. 

It's not a case of "the Weirs will spend millions on players", just a case of "the Weirs will spend millions if Thistle desperately need it" 

Interesting to note that he has now gained clearance to play for Partick.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1431501-coulibaly-receives-clearance-to-play-for-partick-thistle/