Player contracts and transfers

David123

38 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Loans are not turning out to well at the moment apart from young Sinclair who is in a team that do not have to defend too much as far as I can see.

May,Kane & Kerr are the only ones that have benefited from loan spells as far as I can see.

I think Mitchell's loan may be only til January so assume Sinclair will come back.

I notice Hurst is in the squad instead of Mitchell at moment so assume Tommy not impressed.

I thought Mitchell was injured. 

Just on the out of contract players....this chat gets earlier every year. I can’t remember the last time an out of contract player moved away from saints to the betterment of his career. Am I missing someone obvious? 

We almost always re-sign the ones we want to keep and let go the ones we don’t. Any exceptions? 

2 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

I thought Mitchell was injured. 

Just on the out of contract players....this chat gets earlier every year. I can’t remember the last time an out of contract player moved away from saints to the betterment of his career. Am I missing someone obvious? 

We almost always re-sign the ones we want to keep and let go the ones we don’t. Any exceptions? 

O'Halloran & Swanson?.

18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

O'Halloran & Swanson?.

Yes, I thought about MOH but I couldn't remember if he was anywhere near the end of a contract when he was sold. I was more talking about players who ended up out of contract when with us.

Swanson, yeah...there’s one we never got. 

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Loans are not turning out to well at the moment apart from young Sinclair who is in a team that do not have to defend too much as far as I can see.

May,Kane & Kerr are the only ones that have benefited from loan spells as far as I can see.

I think Mitchell's loan may be only til January so assume Sinclair will come back.

I notice Hurst is in the squad instead of Mitchell at moment so assume Tommy not impressed.

I reckon you can add Zander  and perhaps Gordon to that list so it's not a bad return really 

• 2 weeks later...

Know its a bit early for us but would think Tommy is thinking about January transfer window.

Think Nydam will be going back & not sure if Mitchell was just till January.

I am sure Tommy will be trying to loan out McCann & McClean.

We all think it looks like Scougall might be away if he agrees.

The question is will we bring in anyone. Will need cover for Tanser as I can't see Easton coming back.

We still need a holding midfielder ,for cover & the future. Liam is doing a great job & it is a bonus that he is doing a job in there for us but it is a long season , injury & suspension will kick in sometime.

21 hours ago, Cagey said:

Know its a bit early for us but would think Tommy is thinking about January transfer window.

Think Nydam will be going back & not sure if Mitchell was just till January.

I am sure Tommy will be trying to loan out McCann & McClean.

We all think it looks like Scougall might be away if he agrees.

The question is will we bring in anyone. Will need cover for Tanser as I can't see Easton coming back.

We still need a holding midfielder ,for cover & the future. Liam is doing a great job & it is a bonus that he is doing a job in there for us but it is a long season , injury & suspension will kick in sometime.

Mitchell was a season long loan.

If Nydam returns to Ipswich and Scougall leaves permanently, do we need another midfielder for the rest of the season? a loan signing maybe? I'd have thought if we couldn't get anyone better than Nydam then we should be looking at extending his stay, he must have learned what Tommy wants from him so it would avoid starting fresh with another loanee.

I'm sure Ipswich have changed their manager since he was loaned to us, so it might come down to his plans for Nydam and what the player wants.

You'd assume Scougall will be gone but I wouldn't bet on it, nobody would pay a fee when he'll be a free agent six months later. Could be looking at a loan, but who knows.

A central midfielder is top of the list, still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, ollyforsyth said:

Rumoured interest from Rotherham, Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury for Alston. If true, thoughts?

We have the option to extend his contract by one year. 

So the ball is in our court so hopefully a nice amount of cash from the English and re-invest it in contracts for Watt, Shaughnessy, Tanser.. Let Easton go back to Hamilton.......Happy days

17 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

So the ball is in our court so hopefully a nice amount of cash from the English and re-invest it in contracts for Watt, Shaughnessy, Tanser.. Let Easton go back to Hamilton.......Happy days

Shame for Easton, he was a good player but would be criminal to even think about pulling tanser out. 

1 hour ago, ollyforsyth said:

Rumoured interest from Rotherham, Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury for Alston. If true, thoughts?

Mug to go tae any of they drongos.nice wee pay day for him in England would be most likely.

look at what happened to Steven May .took the wad and fuq nose where he is now. 

10 hours ago, byebyedundee said:

Apparently it's appearance based, so if he's not reached the trigger point yet, I'm not sure we could just extend it.

If he signs elsewhere before it's triggered then you'd imagine the clause would be good.

Alstons an odd player to judge. We lack goalscoring midfielders like him, but then again, I'm not at all convinced we'll miss him.

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Scougall &Hurst going with Nydam loan ended . Two young midfielders out & loan . Mitchell retuned to Burnley ,hopefully & Sinclair back from BSC.

I assume Tommy will bring in others or with us only 10 points free from releagation will he be happy with what we have.

We’re 19 points of the playoff place, what the hell are you on about?