Player contracts and transfers

David123

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/807062/st-johnstones-brian-easton-is-on-the-final-stretch-of-his-recovery-from-injury/

Ex-Saint Michael O’Halloran has been reported to be a January target, with Inverness Caley Thistle midfielder Liam Polworth understood to be a possible pre-contract recruit.

“There are always rumours,” said Wright. “How we do business is that we don’t really talk publicly about what we’re doing.

“We do things the right way if we’re looking to sign someone on a pre-contract. We’ll notify the club.

“I know plenty out there who don’t do it that way.

“There are obviously players we’re being linked to but it’s only fair that I only make comment when something actually happens.”

7 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I've seen Polworth's stats, but don't much know him as a player... is he a direct replacement for Davidson... box to box ma?

Caley fans describe him as a number 10, so further forward, they say he's pretty useless on the wing. 

Can't remember seeing him play much at all, tbh, but from what I've gathered he won't be a direct replacement for anyone we've got.

I think in terms of pace/strength he's similar to Wotherspoon. From highlights he seems incredible at threading balls between defenders for strikers/wingers from between the centre circle and opposition box, and there's a few examples of him being in the corner of the pitch with a defender right next to him, and him managing to use skill to get away from them. ICT fans say he can be slow at getting back once he's misplaced a pass/lost the ball.

Edited by RandomGuy

Have to say I’m a tad worried about RB position long term. Only really have Foster as 1st team RB (although I hear he should be a Scotland international). Shaughnessy can play there but not his best position and Comrie doesn’t seem to have developed into the prospect he appeared (yet). Might be an area for recruitment?