Player contracts and transfers

David123

17 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Caley fans describe him as a number 10, so further forward, they say he's pretty useless on the wing. 

Can't remember seeing him play much at all, tbh, but from what I've gathered he won't be a direct replacement for anyone we've got.

I think in terms of pace/strength he's similar to Wotherspoon. From highlights he seems incredible at threading balls between defenders for strikers/wingers from between the centre circle and opposition box, and there's a few examples of him being in the corner of the pitch with a defender right next to him, and him managing to use skill to get away from them. ICT fans say he can be slow at getting back once he's misplaced a pass/lost the ball.

Sounds more like a replacement for Scougall, from that description? Not that there's any actual need to replace a player who never plays.

1 hour ago, bankfoot saint said:

Reports today Tanser agrees new deal till 2021

Another good move.

When he first arrived I like many others didn't see a player there & if Eastie was fit I don't think he would have been with us long. He has turned out to be a decent defender but his value is in attacking positions where he is one of the best crossers of the ball I have seen since Fred Aitken.

38 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Another good move.

When he first arrived I like many others didn't see a player there & if Eastie was fit I don't think he would have been with us long. He has turned out to be a decent defender but his value is in attacking positions where he is one of the best crossers of the ball I have seen since Fred Aitken.

You must have missed Paul Sheerin playing :)

16 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Another good move.

Tanser has always shown glimpses of his class anytime that he got a start and now that he has become a fixture in the side you can see the confidence shinning though with his ability to glide pass players. 

I honestly think he could be an international through time - what chance having so many left sided full backs in the International set up?

Just now, SaintJet said:

Tanser has always shown glimpses of his class anytime that he got a start and now that he has become a fixture in the side you can see the confidence shinning though with his ability to glide pass players. 

I honestly think he could be an international through time - what chance having so many left sided full backs in the International set up?

Tansers English, there's absolutely no chance he'll ever play for them.

14 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I could be wrong but my understanding is that he was born in England to Scottish parents..

Good stuff- you saved my bad.

Anyway, whatever nationality he is it's another example of how our wee team and TW gets the best out of a young project who has blossomed. If I was a young decent player sitting on the bench for a "bigger" club I'd be wanting to go to Saints for game time and development.