Player contracts and transfers

David123

Steve Brown deserves a fair bit of credit for the deals like MOH and Swanson.

Been a positive week with Tanser signing, although I still feel he needs to work on his defensive duties. Gordon has a good future at the club as well.

The only little 'downer' is the potential of Joe going to Aberdeen....I can see the appeal from a financial point of view, but would be disappointed in him if he decided to go.

Going to be interesting to see how Wright fits all these attackers in the eleven every week.

28 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Only the chorus works not the song though. 

Mind you we only get bits of songs from the East Stand Chorus anyway.

your going back in time with three times a dainties (lovely toffee sweet) :oops:

Agree to obvious, needs something around un, dos ,trez more sophisticated and relevant with Europe in mind "forward planning"

1 hour ago, SconeSaintees said:

Surley now the traditionally apathetic Perth folks will rise from their self imposed slumber and apathy and get behind this talent revolution that is developing in front of their eyes. Or is that wish too far?

The club can also announce the signing of 17-year-old Marky Munro from Falkirk.

The defender will join the club's youth and reserve squads managed by Alan Maybury.

The manager said: "Marky is a talented young player with a lot of potential.

"He's a player that Alan Maybury knows from his time at Falkirk and he was the one who alerted us to Marky. He's a player with a bright future in the game and we're pleased to have secured his signature."

Good to see we are recruiting for youth as well. Bright futures ahead. 

Another great signing this season. Shocked at the quality that Wright has been allowed to bring in by Brown. We have a very, very strong squad now with options in pretty much every season.

I reckon we will see Jason Kerr leave in the summer to balance out the books a bit, but the way he is playing there is bound to be a big club coming in soon, I'm just glad there's a quality squad that can cope with the loss of any individual player.

7 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Another great signing this season. Shocked at the quality that Wright has been allowed to bring in by Brown. We have a very, very strong squad now with options in pretty much every season.

I reckon we will see Jason Kerr leave in the summer to balance out the books a bit, but the way he is playing there is bound to be a big club coming in soon, I'm just glad there's a quality squad that can cope with the loss of any individual player.

We'd suffer if we lost both Kerr and Joe.

1 hour ago, california_saintee said:

We'd suffer if we lost both Kerr and Joe.

Certainly would, but in Gordon and Ando we'd be left with a decent pairing compared to what any of our rivals would be forced to play with if there first two choice CBS were sold?

I dont want to lose either player, that said I'm sure Tommy will always have players in mind for the future.

saw him a few times playing for Melbourne City... he was alright. the Australian league is under-rated. pretty technical. i must admit i i waved my saints scarf at him & gave him a fair bit of abuse... that obviously swung him.... (!!!) be interesting if he recommends any youngster's from City. they are owned by Man City, but have some good young players...

5 hours ago, Widge said:

Right first of all, who says Shaughnessy is actually going anywhere. It’s all speculation and rumours. Secondly, who the hell is Watson? 

apologies... mixture of jetlag & predictive text. is MOH cover for poor Drey Wright? hopefully we can extend the contracts of others... be happy with a settled squad. MOH gives us flexibility in a few positions... great stuff.