Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

saw him a few times playing for Melbourne City... he was alright. the Australian league is under-rated. pretty technical. i must admit i i waved my saints scarf at him & gave him a fair bit of abuse... that obviously swung him.... (!!!) be interesting if he recommends any youngster's from City. they are owned by Man City, but have some good young players...

Sounds like one of they American franchise things, full of washed up hasbeens and few kids with potential, and last of all the good old over used technical catchphrase, every league in the world seems to be technically aware, but a good few are not really that good, just a boring over used phrase, anyway welcome back Mikey, top top player and great that Broon is backing big Tommy, good times to be a saintee 

28 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Does the arrival of Michael O’Halloran spell the end for Chris Kane or David McMillan?

I wouldn't imagine so, all we've done is replace Wright with O'Halloran. O'Halloran is apparently earning the same as Scougall, so once he's gone it's all completely evened up. O'Halloran has played all across the front line for us before.

I think McMillan might want a move if he's not playing regularly come Summer time though, apparently a few Irish teams have asked about him this window.

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Yeah,like Tommy I can't think of many that went on to better things.

Joe might find himself back to square 1 at Aberdeen .

Exactly, Joe should remember he is part of a well oiled back four and moving to a team with a poorer coach who constantly plays players in the wrong positions, may be a backward step career wise (taking cash out if the equation), never been Joe's biggest fan but the last few months he has been putting in some top drawer performances, although the boy Gordon to me would slot right into Joe's position and is probably just as good a player just needing the chance to build up experience of playing every week. But money talks and if he goes talk is cheap with his comments before Xmas, hopefully he does stay though....

24 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I don't see why. 

I think with MoH & Swanson, Matty will be either up front with Watt or on his own in OF games.

Either McMillan or Kane along with Spoony & Alison will struggle for game time.

Of course Mikey may like Swanson struggle to regain the form that we hope for & Tommy will leave it til summer to reorganise squad.

Personally, I'm not sure why it would be necessary to get rid of Kane or McMillan. Don't recall many deeming it to be necessary at the start of the season when we also had Drey Wright and Stefan Scougall available. Drey Wright is now injured and Stefan Scougall has been told he can leave. So even with the addition of O'Halloran, we're actually one attacking midfielder/winger short of where we were at the beginning of the campaign (albeit O'Halloran is also capable of playing up front if necessary).

doesn't sound great.... mind you, it's a fact of life... maybe Joe feels he has unfinished business at Aberdeen... and more £££. wonder who the other clubs are? hearts/Hibs? or English clubs? TW seems a bit worried.  guess we'll have a very interesting summer if he goes (and some others). shame really... just as we're getting a decent squad, it slowly gets dismantled. price of good performances i suppose.  any knews on Polworth?