Player contracts and transfers

David123

20 minutes ago, Kyle said:

David McMillan's been made available for transfer. I feel bad for him because he's clearly not a bad player, just found himself behind Watt/Kennedy/Kane/MOH. Our options upfront have vastly improved since he came in last year.

I just posted exactly this on P&B!

Feel a bit sorry for him, he's been unlucky.  Hope he gets something tied down quickly, and wish him all the best.

10 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Might be a few teams in this league after him. 

I wonder if this money is going to Tony? 

It sounds like he's just fallen down the pecking order after us signing O'Halloran. 

Think a Dundee, St Mirren or Hamilton could really use him. He's clearly a good enough player to establish himself at this level, he's just been hellishly unlucky.

21 hours ago, Cagey said:

McMillan not even on bench last night. Is he on way out ?.

I just love being right.

A bit unlucky as he has never had a decent run in the team but he didn't suit our system as he didn't look comfortable when he was up front on his own.

We would never have scored on Wednesday without the run Kane made and the pass which allowed Tony to get the ball across to Richard Foster.

He is always a threat and just needs a bit of luck.

Much more mobile than McMillan but maybe not so much a goal threat.

21 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Callum Hendry recalled from loan with Brechin and is available tomorrow 

I'll no doubt be wrong, again, but I don't think he can play for anyone else this season, as he featured for us in the League Cup.

On McMillan, he's better than Kane, but Watt is better than both, if one needs to go to help us keep him then the older one, who's probably easier to get rid of and potentially the higher earner, seems the best option.

22 minutes ago, akuram said:

We would never have scored on Wednesday without the run Kane made and the pass which allowed Tony to get the ball across to Richard Foster.

He is always a threat and just needs a bit of luck.

Much more mobile than McMillan but maybe not so much a goal threat.

Brilliant you have just contradicted yourself what do you want mobility, which we now have in abundance or goal scoring threat???

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I'll no doubt be wrong, again, but I don't think he can play for anyone else this season, as he featured for us in the League Cup.

On McMillan, he's better than Kane, but Watt is better than both, if one needs to go to help us keep him then the older one, who's probably easier to get rid of and potentially the higher earner, seems the best option.

Whats wrong with getting rid of both use the money to secure the quality that needs to be secured, sentiment is great but wins nothing

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

David McMillan's been made available for transfer. I feel bad for him because he's clearly not a bad player, just found himself behind Watt/Kennedy/Kane/MOH. Our options upfront have vastly improved since he came in last year.

To be behind Kane (Championship at best)  in the pecking order, would have really dented his confidence.

37 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Brilliant you have just contradicted yourself what do you want mobility, which we now have in abundance or goal scoring threat???

If you are going by goal scoring threat then you would play McMillan who probably has better ratio of goals per minutes on pitch than the other 2.

Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, and Cork City all quoted in some reports as being interested in McMillan. Don't know if that's just lazy reporting or anything else.

TW says signing O'Halloran would restrict McMillans game time is a reason for letting him go. Don't know if that's a club decision or something McMillan has asked for.