Player contracts and transfers

David123

"David has been made available for transfer and a few clubs have already made enquiries about him,” said Wright, who is looking to “balance the books” before the transfer window closes next week.

“Stefan (Scougall) has also been made available on loan and one club has made a concrete offer so far. But he is ill at the moment.

“Our intention is to play Michael (O’Halloran) up front so David’s opportunities will be even more limited. It is important for David that he plays games.

“It’s no slight on David. He has suffered because Matty (Kennedy) has also done well up front and sometime we have only played one striker.

“It took David a while to get over the hamstring injury in his first game against Partick Thistle.

“But football is a business as well as a sport. I think David is a very good player but we have to balance the books and people have to go out when you are bringing players in.

“We have trimmed the squad down to 22 outfield players but it is very strong.”

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

"David has been made available for transfer and a few clubs have already made enquiries about him,” said Wright, who is looking to “balance the books” before the transfer window closes next week.

“Stefan (Scougall) has also been made available on loan and one club has made a concrete offer so far. But he is ill at the moment.

“Our intention is to play Michael (O’Halloran) up front so David’s opportunities will be even more limited. It is important for David that he plays games.

“It’s no slight on David. He has suffered because Matty (Kennedy) has also done well up front and sometime we have only played one striker.

“It took David a while to get over the hamstring injury in his first game against Partick Thistle.

“But football is a business as well as a sport. I think David is a very good player but we have to balance the books and people have to go out when you are bringing players in.

“We have trimmed the squad down to 22 outfield players but it is very strong.”

I did try to tell you this when Michael signed.

14 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

Disagree, does that mean Hendry also fall into that category ?? Kane has been tried, tried and tried again with no visible improvement he poses little or no threat to the opposition

I suppose Hendry does fall into that category. Cheap backup striker who seems happy to learn and try and make an impact when given the chance.

McMillan is too expensive to be that player and won't want to play that role....quite rightly.

5 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

I suppose Hendry does fall into that category. Cheap backup striker who seems happy to learn and try and make an impact when given the chance.

McMillan is too expensive to be that player and won't want to play that role....quite rightly.

Not an easy job to balance the books whatever decision he makes will probably upset someone

11 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

Not an easy job to balance the books whatever decision he makes will probably upset someone

So we have too many striker & let McMillan go. Kane is injured so we bring back the young guy that was with Brechin & has been injured & not played for months.

1 hour ago, bankfoot saint said:

According to the bid we’ve received £100k

An embarrassing, insulting, tinpot bid.

Any pretence that they're somehow "bigger than the diddy Scottish league" crumbles when they're making pathetic offers like that.

Can only assume Steve Brown assumes it's some form of joke.

6 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

Joe to Aberdeen gone really quiet I hope this is for positive reasons, anybody heard any whispers??

£100k for Joe to go before summer would be acceptable.

£100k for Jason is an insult & I hope Mr Brown laughed in their face.

12 hours ago, jhq said:

I wouldn't even give them the courtesy of turning down that bid - I just wouldn't have answered them at all.

To be honest, I think I would have just texted them back with:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe of course SB did.

Edited by Denzil