Player contracts and transfers

David123

£100k is way too low for Kerr, but I worry that saints would accept a figure which would still be a way below his real value. How saints handle this will in part determine future deals. Utd and hibs both showed that by getting good value for one player has a positive on what follows. For me, approaching £2m, with a 20% sell on would be fair. If he signs a new deal, I'd expect that Tommy will make clear to Jason that he will not stand in his way if a fair deal comes in for him.

Still, I think he should be aiming higher than Barnsley. Not a slight on them as such, but he's better than league 1. 

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

£100k for Joe to go before summer would be acceptable.

£100k for Jason is an insult & I hope Mr Brown laughed in their face.

TBH I'd rather have Joe for the second half of the season than have £100k in the bank. Disrupting the defence could significantly impact our season and result in us finishing a place or two lower in the league than we otherwise would have done. The difference in prize money between, for example, 5th and 6th in the league, is over £100k - so I'm not sure there'd be any benefit to taking the money.

13 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

£100k is way too low for Kerr, but I worry that saints would accept a figure which would still be a way below his real value. How saints handle this will in part determine future deals. Utd and hibs both showed that by getting good value for one player has a positive on what follows. For me, approaching £2m, with a 20% sell on would be fair. If he signs a new deal, I'd expect that Tommy will make clear to Jason that he will not stand in his way if a fair deal comes in for him.

Still, I think he should be aiming higher than Barnsley. Not a slight on them as such, but he's better than league 1. 

I agree with the figures there, and the sell on clause is vital in any deal.

Remember, Andrew Robertson had to stop off at Hull on his way to Liverpool.

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

TBH I'd rather have Joe for the second half of the season than have £100k in the bank. Disrupting the defence could significantly impact our season and result in us finishing a place or two lower in the league than we otherwise would have done. The difference in prize money between, for example, 5th and 6th in the league, is over £100k - so I'm not sure there'd be any benefit to taking the money.

This. Let's not forget we've got over £2m collecting interest in the bank, £100k is absolutely nothing to us and doesn't give any benefit at all.

Scougall and McMillan both out on loan before Thursday apparently. Unofficial Twitter quotes TW saying it's unlikely anyone will be signing.

Kerr, Shaughnessy and Watt all agreeing new deals would be a superb week.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

This. Let's not forget we've got over £2m collecting interest in the bank, £100k is absolutely nothing to us and doesn't give any benefit at all.

Scougall and McMillan both out on loan before Thursday apparently. Unofficial Twitter quotes TW saying it's unlikely anyone will be signing.

Kerr, Shaughnessy and Watt all agreeing new deals would be a superb week.

Think mcmillIan will show a few people how good he is,probably most natural finisher saints have at the moment.just unlucky with injuries etc 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Why would you send Gordon out on loan? We have Kerr, Joe and Gordon. Keown is, I assume, cheap fourth choice

As long as Gordon is the backup and doesn’t find himself behind keown in the pecking order. I just thought it would have made more sense to put Gordon to Partick and given him game time rather than sitting on the bench but that’s just an opinion  

4 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

May also suggest that Joe has decided to extened, why ship out experienced defender if you are about to lose another which then only leaves Jason and Liam can't see that happening

Think you're probably right with this.

5 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

May also suggest that Joe has decided to extened, why ship out experienced defender if you are about to lose another which then only leaves Jason and Liam can't see that happening

Hope you are correct however Joe could sign  pre contract for "The Sheep" and still be with us until end of season which does not affect Ando going to Partick on loan.