Player contracts and transfers

David123

Just now, garydavidson said:

I think Scougall may have done better this season as the team around him has improved. He still has more votes in man of the match this season than regulars.

I only saw him v Dundee last season and he was the only saints player who looked capable of doing anything positive.

Shame it hasn't worked out.

Just confirmed he’s gone to Carlisle good luck to the laddie

1 hour ago, jhq said:

Maybe Scottish football is better than some people think.  Doing okay in League 1 doesn't necessarily mean he's good enough for Saints. 

As for the "best position " rubbish, it's up to him to fit into a system. 

Can't argue about the standard of league 1 - For someone deemed too small he handled the physical side ok

slightly strange window... usually expect youngsters going out on loan, but surprised at the loanees coming in. guess we just have to wait for watt & Joe to wait until summer,  or sign up soon. guess we have "bodies to cover if Joe goes. what i liked about Ando's comments was he seems determined to get back into the team once his loan finishes.  true champ & legend. as for Scougall... who will ever know what happened? better for squad morale i guess that hes gone. couldn't have been good having a "dead man walking" in training,  knowing his time is up... as for McMillan... who knows? can we recall him if there are injuries,  or is it fixed to end of season? as for TW'S tactics... that is a mystery.... 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1???? i appreciate it depends on opposition,  but it seems a bit of a lottery. 

Edited by Melbourne Saint

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I think Scougall may have done better this season as the team around him has improved. He still has more votes in man of the match this season than regulars.

I only saw him v Dundee last season and he was the only saints player who looked capable of doing anything positive.

Shame it hasn't worked out.

Agree Gary. He was our best player by a mile that day.

Just never worked out for him here, it happens. 

Wish him all the best with his new club.

Same with McMillan, didn't do a lot wrong, possibly he was just unfortunate with his injuries and the signing of good quality players in his position. Good luck to him, hope he does well at Accies.

3 hours ago, Dave H said:

'Too small', not heard that old fashioned view in years.  The game has moved on and height is irrelevant.  But wouldn't be surprised to hear this in grass roots Scottish football.   

Scougall goes, helps pay MOH his wages.  Scougall being frozen out has the signs of Millar being frozen out.... fans will never know what went on.

It may be that Saints had to buy out the rest of his contract.

Good luck to him at Carlisle . Hopefully they don't play him on the wing & he shows what we thought he would do for us in midfield.

Happy he is not going to Scottish Premiership team.

3 hours ago, jhq said:

Maybe Scottish football is better than some people think.  Doing okay in League 1 doesn't necessarily mean he's good enough for Saints. 

As for the "best position " rubbish, it's up to him to fit into a system. 

Think he meant in regards to playing against six foot giants every week in that league, agree with the league one comment, we tend to undersell our league where as the English hype them better than they really are.

agree players have to fit into systems, but sometimes systems don’t always suit the player, hence good at one club and not so good at another, but ask most players and they would prefer playing in their favourite position.

16 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Think he meant in regards to playing against six foot giants every week in that league, agree with the league one comment, we tend to undersell our league where as the English hype them better than they really are.

agree players have to fit into systems, but sometimes systems don’t always suit the player, hence good at one club and not so good at another, but ask most players and they would prefer playing in their favourite position.

Tommy probably using this to his advantage with several of his signings how many times have we been told a player has been shite or  disruptive with a club then seen them blossom at saints ?